OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

The Nanny State

Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The Nanny State

why is it that politicians "play like they know best"? just because folks voted for them doesn't always mean the voters support what the politician puts forward. i would think there should be more on the ballot for a voter's intitiative to put forth into law.
Example: New York's ban on supersizing your soda pop? really? if i want a bigger Dr. Pepper, it ain't bloomberg's decision! if i want health insurance, it ain't obummer's/dems/liberals decision.
the nanny state is one of the many things bankrupting this country. i don't think it will ever end unless people quit looking for the handouts and get back to work and the govt quits making the handouts a lucrative way to make a living and if the govt quits spending too much. besides, i'm tired of being penalized with higher taxes to fund the handouts because i work for a living, choose to work, and trying to have a decent living so as to afford my lifestyle that I CHOSE. i could go on, but i better not.....for now. just had to vent a little.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True dat.

I went to Lowe's a couple of days ago to get some Goop - like Shoe Goo, Plumber's Goop, etc. It is kept in a locked case. I had to find the employee with the keys, show ID, give my name and address, state my intended use, and have the employee witness my signature.

The whole health care thing is about how much government pays. I we handled it ourselves, there would not be the big fight, and costs would likely be less inflated.

Gay marriage? Marriage is between two people and God. Everything else is a legal arrangement. We fight over this issue because we surrendered the issue to government. I think it is none of their damn business who marries who.

I recently had a garage built. A six-inch, 100-year flood plain cost me half a dozen foundation vents, and about $2K in additional studies, plans and permits. It is a damn garage.

Don't get me started on the gun thing. I have done nothing wrong - leave me alone.

I think politicians are so bored that they look for things to regulate, just to feel like they have done something worthwhile.

Matt B

Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

When was that last time you had any elected official mail or call you and ask how you felt about certain issues they would be voting on?

The only time I hear from mine is when they want my vote.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
When was that last time you had any elected official mail or call you and ask how you felt about certain issues they would be voting on?

The only time I hear from mine is when they want my vote.
they don't call me cause they'd get an earful! apparently i don't matter until every other november....
it'd do me no good to run for office, i'd be on a hit list cause i'd change a lot of things.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
they don't call me cause they'd get an earful! apparently i don't matter until every other november....
it'd do me no good to run for office, i'd be on a hit list cause i'd change a lot of things.

I'd probably make it about 2 minutes into a debate before dropping the f bomb.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Even old white shoes Pat Boone is on Obama's ****. I've felt the same way after the first year he was in office. Pat Boone Calls Obama a Marxist | Billboard

Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jaster94,
I get some help from the state, feds and private groups. My step daughter is mentally and physically handicap. To the max!!!
I pay 350 per hr for my lawyer, 200 per hr for my private advocate and I still get get F-ed every inch of every step of the way when it comes to getting services for my daughter.
I have spent more time in the SS office and with our case managers than I care to speak about. I spend more than 69% of opur gross income trying to make sure my daughter has what is in her best interest and to make sure she will be taken care of when her mom and I are gone.
So rant away.... The government is more interested in fat people than those who truly require services.
Those who choose to super size everything and will die of a massive heart attack at 45 get a pat on the *** and a "atta boy, we will help you ". While those who are born into a life of misery will have to have family fight for any scrap tossed to them. Sometimes I wish my first name was Juan.....
Rant away my friend.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

I think that there is a small percentage of people in this country that cannot make it on their own. It sounds like you may be one - sometimes you do everything right and it still does not work.

That percentage is probably something like three percent. The problem is "we" try to help 30-50 percent of people in order to buy their votes. If people did not have such a taste for gummint cheeze, people like you could be cared for lavishly, respectfully and politely.

I am reading a book called "Range One East" right now. It is about people living in the Lucerne Valley (high desert) area during the depression. It talks about how people worked to survive, how little they required to be happy, and how they fought receiving any aid until they had no choice.

I have a inkling what would have happened to your stepdaughter during those times - I am glad we are beyond that. I hope for the best for you, though I fear there are too many undeserving taking the best.

Good thoughts your way, amigo!

MattB

Originally Posted by jgar
Jaster94,
I get some help from the state, feds and private groups. My step daughter is mentally and physically handicap. To the max!!!
I pay 350 per hr for my lawyer, 200 per hr for my private advocate and I still get get F-ed every inch of every step of the way when it comes to getting services for my daughter.
I have spent more time in the SS office and with our case managers than I care to speak about. I spend more than 69% of opur gross income trying to make sure my daughter has what is in her best interest and to make sure she will be taken care of when her mom and I are gone.
So rant away.... The government is more interested in fat people than those who truly require services.
Those who choose to super size everything and will die of a massive heart attack at 45 get a pat on the *** and a "atta boy, we will help you ". While those who are born into a life of misery will have to have family fight for any scrap tossed to them. Sometimes I wish my first name was Juan.....
Rant away my friend.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I will post up tomorrow after i calm down. lol

Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

jgar, by all means that is what these services are for,,,situations like yours. i feel for ya! i pray for ya!
but like matt said, there's too many people screwing the system that screws the legitimate cases-your case-and it pisses me off. i have no problems with my taxes supporting you and your daughter. i just have a problem with people who are able to work who choose not to work and sit back and collect govt handouts. that's is who pisses me off.
a case like yours,,,take all of my taxes to fund your situation. i will gladly pay that EVERYDAY, EVERYTIME. i gotta quit ranting. . this current administration brings out the worst in me. taking this country to hell in a handbasket and they won't listen to the common man and the struggles our families are going through. they just want more and deny others who need the help. they give our monies to countries who hate us and to buy votes. oh my Lord, hear us now!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Nanny State