OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

aproudamerican

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aproudamerican

this is the first time posting anything anywhere I am a disabled person with a very strong love of the outdoors and the beauty of our country. Because of my disability I cannot hike,bike,or ride an ATV , but I can drive a SXS. Because of the current laws and restrictions on 50'' trails, I am excluded from the trails that everyone else can access. I understand other's concerns about idiots in Jeeps and other ORV's and that is my concern also, but you can not legislate away stupidity, or lack of respect for our trails. It is fine with me if each state wants to charge me an additional fee to ride all trails (reasonable fee) to offset the costs of expanding the widths. This will only add to the coffers of the states and perhaps enhance our trail systems and most certainly add many more people paying to maintain these trails that my tax dollars have already payed for. I have four grandauters and would like to show them the beauty of our country not just show them pictures. I could make a legal argument as a disabled person,but we have too many people in our courts now. I will look for comments from those that agree or do not agree.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Moved to a more appropriate section. -Moderator

Old 11-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

There are a few places that are expanding the designated width on trails. I have seen a few conversations here about this. Here is one, hopefully you'll get to find some places that you can take the wider ride.