Stolen ATVS

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-1999, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder if anyone would be intrested in creating a post where people can list a description and the serial #s of their stolen atvs . I know this is a big problem but if it could lead to the recovery of just one machine I believe it could be considered a success. We could list a discription of the machine any accessories installed on it. other special features which might stand outand the serial # . the owner could decide if he or she wanted to offer an award for recovery. I lost a year old 4x4 7months ago and there have been around 20 stolen here in the last couple of years. Just an idea if anyone else is intrested please respond and I will post the discription of mine gladly. You never know some unknowing member my be riding one of our stolen quads.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy AKA-Kagey1999 Polaris Magnum 500

[This message has been edited by Kagey (edited 08-15-1999).]

Old 08-15-1999, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good idea! I'd suggest Make/Model/Year/Color, Unique Identification Features/VIN/Date & Place Stolen/Contact for Reporting (e.g., yours/police department and/or officer telephone nos., etc.).

You might add information regarding reward, if any, and any further information assisting recovery.

As a two-time ATV theft victim (and two-time recovery beneficiary, one resulting in jail time for the perpetrator), I wish you the best of luck!

Tree Farmer

Old 08-27-1999, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

kagey wear you from. i am from ohio and alot around here has got stolen my cousin got one stolen i am in noble county

------------------
99 500 scrambler with hotseat pipe and clutch dg bumper soon to have pistons and air box mod 93 yamaha t-wolve with a broken taillight soon to be fixed tailight is now fixed now need to fix headlight

Old 08-27-1999, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Whiskey; I am From the Kingstree area of South Carolina(low country) We have had a lot of ATVS stolen here in the last 5 years 18 in two nights 3 years ago. That ring was broken and most were recovered though. Guys were loading them in a Uhaul Van they had rented and hauling them to a fence about 150 miles away. The thefts continue we here all sorts of stories about where they end up . I just thought maybe we could get enough intrest in this subject and put the descriptions on here and maybe we might get lucky and find a few of them . you never know perhaps we could get the administrator to give us our own forum for this subject if there was enough intrest. This really bothers me as you can tell I could really unload a whole bucketfull on this subject but I wont. The guys who stole mine were caught and are in jail but they had already gotten rid of it and wouldn,t talk. I,m hoping prison might losen them up a bit.

------------------

Old 08-28-1999, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

96 Banshee, yellow and purple. Extras that made it stand out was ITP hole shots, 2-1 pipe and silencer, bent handle bar, a bent back bar, no stickers, and that’s just about it from a persons view point. Yes 3 weeks my loving Banshee was stolen (I guess they wonted it more that what I did) police has been informed (no help) I do not have my serial # on hand at the moment but my Banshee is one of a kind (not many purple and yellow’s around here really not at all). I haven’t been coming here lately for this reason I guess I have been feeling bad about all of this knowing I didn’t have insurance. I probably will not get another Banshee (unless mine pops back up) I wouldn’t mind having a CR250R but then again if I had my Banshee I could trade it on for it. I am just so outraged though, I put so much work and effort in that quad, as for all the headwork was my own doing. Oh well maybe some of you from NC will see it and please tell me were at you saw it so I will know were to look. Oh yes almost forgot you might won’t to look for a missing key switch box as for I did have the key so I imagine they ripped that right off and hot wired it.

Dean Powell
North Carolina
Wayne County (I would say the area it was stolen from)

Old 08-28-1999, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Dean, I can feel sincerely sorry for you because I was in your position last fall, losing two '98 polaris 500's plus their trailer to theft, although I later recovered one quad and the trailer. If it weren't for a fluke of fate, not the cops, I would never have recovered anything at all. As in Kagey's case, the bad guys are in jail, but their confinement does nothing toward returning the still missing quad. Thank heaven I had insurance, but this protection still doesn't cover custom work winches and other accessories mounted on the trailer. This experience was expensive. I really feel I have been violated, a hard feeling to overcome.

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 08-28-1999).]

Old 08-31-1999, 11:50 AM
Range Rover

I'm fortunate enough to have never had any of my quads stolen. Just want to recommend getting your quads insured. Insurance for mine runs about $50 per year and is well worth it. I'm covered for repairs if I crash it bad, or if it's stolen. Sorry about you losses guys.

Bruce Crowe
99 400EX
99 Wolverine

Old 08-31-1999, 12:47 PM
Range Rover

I am paying 3 times that $159.00 a year for full coverage, but I still think it is worth it. $13.25 a month for the piece of mind. I live in Connecticut so I think that is why it is more, but, still worth it.

------------------
Eric Baatz

Remmember the KING Lives!!

Old 08-31-1999, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Fortunatly I had mine isured on my Farm eqipment policy. It paid very well and I was able to replace it within a month of losing it. Mine cost around $60.00 on that policy it also paid to repair some crash damage that I had suffered Between it and my polaris warranty and a great dealer who helped me the repairs ended up costing me nothing out of pocket. Insurance is almost a neccesity in this day and age.

------------------

Old 08-31-1999, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey fellows, I've seen a site that had some type of stolen quad info on it, but can't remembe where the site is?!? I'll do some hunting around see what I can come up with. Speaking of stolen ATV's I'll email all of you that URL if I find it. I do believe it was on some other ATV site, but can't remember. Oh well, I hope I never have to go through having my quad stolen. I do know of trailers being stolen right from the staging area of some riding areas. Let me tell you, those people must have awfully big ying yangs to do that.

------------------
George Lynch

Quick Reply: Stolen ATVS