Fuel Stabilizers

Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Stabilizers

What's the best fuel stabilizer? I've been using a product called "Sta-Bil" but a friend informed me that it might not be that good with some of the new blended gas.

Any comments?

Old 08-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fuel Stabilizers

i have never used a fuel stabilizer. i usually ride my atv all winter long so unless you let it sit for a couple months at a time you shouldn't need to use it. and even if i let mine sit all winter i would just make sure there is about 1/4 of a gallon of gas in the tank and then in the spring i would fill it up.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Default Fuel Stabilizers

I have had no problems using sta-bil. I used it in one quad and let it sit all winter and come spring it fired right up as promised![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Fuel Stabilizers

Don't know about ATVs, but many collectors of classic cars not operated on a regular basis add a quart of 30-weight oil to every ten-gallons of gas in the tank. A little smoke on start-up, but normal operation after the engine reaches normal operating temps. One guy I know who uses that method starts and runs the engines in his collection on a quarterly basis and has no problems with gas going bad.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:11 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Stabilizers

I use Sta-bil in ALL my stored fuels. And I swear by it. It works great. I've never had easier starts with my quads or mower or trimmer after sitting in storage.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Stabilizers

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I use Sta-bil in ALL my stored fuels. And I swear by it. It works great. I've never had easier starts with my quads or mower or trimmer after sitting in storage.
Yep, I do the same.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Fuel Stabilizers

I have used it in the toy haulers tank, but not on the quad.

I've always heard to make sure it's a full tank, so water won't condense and evetually dilute the gas.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Fuel Stabilizers

I have used the Sta-Bil in the past and it works. However, I have found something a lot better. Sea Foam!!!! It not only acts as a fuel stabilizer, but also a fuel system cleaner. So when you start it back up again in the spring it will also clean out your carb, valves, etc. I had it sit in my 1989 Taurus SHO for two years, when to start her up again and she was good as gold. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Fuel Stabilizers

I have got to get some of this Sea Foam and try it.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Stabilizers

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-602.pdf

KLOTZ Octane Booster! It contains fuel stabilizers that will keep your gas more than a year. Best of all, it contains an ester synthetic lube for the top end! The recommended dose will boost your octane by 2.5, for some insurance against detonation which can be devistating in some machines, like the 450's. Also absorbs moisture from the tank. That's a lot of good things to get from one can........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Stabilizers