SURE GIRLS RIDING ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has been riding ATV's longer than I have. But, I can still out ride her! he he
She grew up riding a ATC90 then a 110, then a 250SX. She is pretty good on a 3wheeler. Unfortunately the only 3wheeler I had when we got married was a 350X. She couldn't start it (she is only 95#, wonder why...) I got her a piped Blaster, which for her, is only good in the dunes. She can start it herself tho. She has a hard time on the trials around here cuz there is a lot of blowdown and scrambling over trees is no fun. I usually have to stop, and go back and help her over. I am sure it is because of the manual clutch. She will do a small jump once in a while.
I was thinking of getting her one of the smaller 4x4's but the 250EX looks very interesting. Gotta wait til the dealer gets one so she can sit on it and see how it feels.
She really likes going to the dunes. I showed her a web site about Glamis Thanksgiving 2000. I jokingly said we should go next year and she is TOTALLY into it, even more than me!

Old 12-16-2000, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Try getting her on a trailblazer 250, it's easy to ride and the auto tranny will make it easier for her to tackle the tuff stuff. The machine itself is really comfortable, no need to have concerns about reliability, dirt wheels ran it for 24 hours striaght and the only flaw was when it was rolled over and the shock bent. riders fault.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-16-2000, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Scramdaddy!

I have been riding with my gal for about 3 years now. Before that she would sit on the back of my old quad and get really bored. She went only because she loved me...When I quit my job 2 1/2 years back I bought a second ATV and she got the old Polaris300. She liked the sport but hated her ride. "Bumpy old thing" she called it. Fixed that by "giving" her the Xplorer400 and buying the Scrambler. Now she wants the new HO.

Since I have found some "faster" riding buddies she stays at home and see's her friends a bit more... but she is getting that ATV'ing itch again!

She rides good but gently. Scares the crap out of me when she hits the gas! She must want a faster ride because she told me I could get a Raptor and she would ride the Scram...what a woman!

Old 12-17-2000, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

My wife (girlfriend at the time) got me into quads. I thought they were lame little "toys", but she really wanted one. She was used to riding her brother's 88 Warrior, and loved it, so I picked her up a 98 for our 4 yr anniversary together. After riding it a few times, I HAD to have one. We both have Warriors now, and ride whenever we get time.
She's also in the middle of rebuilding her motor in her Camaro. I think it's way cool to see girls get into hobbies that were once a guy-only territory. It strengthens a relationship, and gives opportunity for quality "together-time" without having to do sappy junk like seeing a romance movie.(eewww!)

Old 12-17-2000, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

that's because you are in Burton! Come to New England! just kidding! I am glad to see alot of woman riding. The others don't know what they are missing!!!!!!!!! question? what don't they make riding gear cut to a woman's body? huh? Maybe i can quit my day job and design woman's riding gear! there's a thought! P.S. what a great post!!

Old 12-17-2000, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Xplor if she wants to get on your scrambler I say more power to her.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-17-2000, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Girlatvr2 before you put in your 2 weeks notice go to acerbis' web site, they have riding apperral for women and before you buy go to mxgirls.com to see reviews on womens riding gear, the site was made for women who ride.

www.acerbis.com
www.mxgirls.com

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-17-2000, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

The more time she spends on it the better. That way she can see for herself that all the money I spend on mods aint for nothin!

She will fall in love with it and maybe, just maybe I can talk her into letting me get one of those HPD chassis and motor instead of a Raptor...

hmmmmmm........

Old 12-18-2000, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

My wife loves to ride. She had only been 3-4 times before she wanted to get another quad so that she could go all the time. We ended up with the Rubicon, so when we are together she rides the Rubicon with the monster tires and such and I ride the little Rancher with stock tires. We rode this Saturday, and she hit every mud hole out there.

Old 12-18-2000, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

My wife can ride with anybody! May not beat them, and is wise enough to know her limits, and seek an alternate path when she is uncomfortable. She has a 325 Polaris TrailBoss, and has astounded us by what she can get through. We've been to Wayne Nat'l Forrest and Pike State Forest in Ohio, Badlands and Haspin Acres in Indiana, and rode the Hatfield/McCoy trails in West Virginia. We hope to hit Big Rock in Kentucky after Xmas.
Having a wife/girlfriend who rides makes it more likely you'll go more often. And there's always that added feature of letting them graduate to your bike, so you can get a new one!

Quick Reply: SURE GIRLS RIDING ATV's