ATVers dictionary

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default ATVers dictionary

Hey gang, I was always a fan of Patrick McManus who wrote comedy articles for Field and Stream. He had a Fisherman's Dictionary that had some humorous definitions. One was: Split shot sinker-what happens when you step off the dock onto your boat, that is not tied to the dock, with an outboard engine in your hands.
You get the idea. So, in this vane, I offer the start to The ATVers dictionary. Feel free to add. All I ask is keep it clean.

1) Hypothermia- what mother nature serves to ATV riders for breakfast (sometimes lunch and dinner too).

2) Coooooool!- an exclamation of pure admiration, facination, or revulsion used in various situations that involve bodily harm to one or more of your riding companions.

3) Easy- an ATV trail that involves carnage to both man and machine and usually results in the above adjective being used by all involved.

4) Lost- a) what your fellow riders will claim you are when leading your squad through unfamiliar trails. b) what you claim the lead quad rider is when at the front of your squad. c) what no one leading a group of quads will ever admit to.

5) Puddle- any size body of water that closely resembles the Atlantic Ocean. Depth is usually measured in fathoms and shore to shore distance in miles. Usually used in context like the following sentence: Yeah, I went through that puddle about a half an hour ago. I got through in 2wd.

6) Rocky- a) this adjective is usually assigned to a trail that has small chunks of granite with near vertical sides closely approximating a skyscraper. b) also used to describe a semi conscious state after taking a trail described as rocky, rolling end over end down the trail, and landing with the quad quietly coming to rest on top of you.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol those are great !

Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Fire panties - Used to describe the burning sensation obtained from friction caused from sand after a day at the dunes.

Pantie wetter - Used to describe very steep and large hills that are seemingly impossible to climb.

8 /

Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Sand Sammich - a fine meal for the poor undesreving soul that is right behind you on those long dusty trails or dune rides

Sand Shower - Its just as cool and refreshing as it sounds. Grab front break and hold and let the throttle rip while someone isnt paying attention just as you take off.

Love Tap - what you give the guy in front of you that brakes for obstacles you couldnt see and werent prepared to stop for cuz you were still eating your sand sammich.

Nurse Betty - your buddy that is going for his nursing license sippin his drink of choice @ night around the campfire. IE hey betty you going for your medical degree? well with the way you were nursing that beer i had to check!

Ghost Riding - when your buddies ride comes around a bend and he apperantly fell off of it somehow (LOL this one usually applies to my father in-law)

School Girl - when someone reluctantly follows you over a jump but does a **** poor job @ it...awww that was cute, you did that just like a lil school girl.

Skirtin It - when soemone takes the easy way around a difficult section... My that is a pretty skirt you are sporting today, with the way you skirted around that.

Gerbers - for the drama queen in the group who blows their injury way out of proportion. We usually give them a jar of sweet peas!

2 Stroke Smoker - the term used for the smokin hot chick at the dunes.... sorry not explaining that one any more than that!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Skirtin It - when soemone takes the easy way around a difficult section... My that is a pretty skirt you are sporting today, with the way you skirted around that. </end quote></div> That's a good one. I'll have to use that one next time.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Scary Fast"- It is so fast that it will scare the soul right out of you.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

YouTryItFirst- No way in Hell will I try it, but you go ahead and try!

Old 10-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Weatherman- the gent or lady on the news that says, "There is a 10% chance of rain in....", (insert your riding area) and it rains in Biblical proportions and soaks everyone to their skin. This particular deceiver also fails to mention that it will be 34 degrees out instead of the 60 they forecast.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

shocker- a( (in the fall or winter) any puddle covered with leaves or snow
b( any large object on the other side of a blind curve usually ending with an OH S##T

that was easy- any trail or hill climb that poses a great risk of life,limb, or wheeler carnage

Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quad Butt - The muscle ache and/or saddle sores you get after riding 8+ hours.
After riding 125 miles we all had quad butt and were glad to get back to camp.

P.S. One day at work I told a guy about my weekend ride and said my butt felt like it was getting a sore on it. He said, "If you've never had an *** pimple, you've never been for a real ride." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATVers dictionary