Alpha Sport LG90

Old 06-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha Sport LG90

Has anyone had to deal with Alpha-Sport.com? I am looking for a left heel guard (sitting on the ATV) and I went to this site for the part. I do not advise buying from them because they say they have genuine Alpha Sport parts but when I continue to question them on the part in their diagram all things fell apart. See my conversation below... it ended with them blocking my emails when they were exposed.

Sir,

I am looking for a left heel guard assembly (sitting on the bike) for a 2003 Alpha Sport LG90. Do you have one and how much? It can be new or used.

Thank you,

C,

Please provide the part number.
Here is where you can lookup Alpha Bike Parts and price and order them. http://www.alpha-sports.com/alphasports_parts.htm Just click on the part number to price at bottom of screen, then add them to cart, when added all that you need then click "Checkout Now" to choose shipping and add your credit card info.

Sir,

The part shown is not the part on my ATV. Mine is made of steel. The part shown on your website is for another ATV or a newer LG90 Alpha Sport. I have a 2003.

C,

All the LG-90 bikes are the same.

Sir,

So the drawing is incorrect? If I purchase this and it's not the correct part, what is the return policy? I had another Chinese ATV and another company messed up my order and it cost me a fortune to return and get the right parts. It shipped for free and it was going to cost nearly $200 to return. I kept the parts and sold them taking a loss. I want to be careful this time around. Please forgive me for that.

C,

We only sell original parts for the LGs. Here is a link to our return policies.

Sir,

Can you please verify that this is the correct part. Your picture shows an entire left foot assembly (64310-131-000) and I am only looking for the left heel guard that is made of steel. I can't justify that this small part I need is $120.59?? The part cannot be listed correctly on your site and it's way to big. I certainly couldn't afford to return it if it is the wrong part. I can send you a picture the right side heel guard, but I need the left one. Will you please take a moment to look at your website diagram of the part and look at an actual Alpha Sport LG90 ATV and see for yourself my concern. I really need this heel guard so the wheel doesn't tear my sons leg off.

Here is the picture of the right side heel guard (sitting on the ATV. I need the left side. (deleted image)

C,

We do list those on the frame assy. Here is a link to the price but we don’t have it in stock. Would take a while to come in. Have to order from China (about 2 months). (removed link)

Sir,

That is the part that goes under your foot. Please look at the picture I sent you. The part is steel "D" shaped with three additional bars welled to it. It has two brackets to bolt it to the frame and plastic fender.

C,

That doesn’t look like anything that we have.
Best Regards,

Sir,

Well that's funny. You said all alpha sport Lg90 are the same. But the drawing you have online is a Kolt 90 not an LG90. My ATV is an LG90... Sticker on the body says so. When I google an image of it it's the same as mine.

C,

These are the only diagrams that Tomberlin ever gave us for these machines. I don’t see anything like yours listed.

Sir,

Can you contact them? Send them my picture and question them about the part. Left heel guard.

C,

Tomberlin closed the doors years ago.

Sir,

So where else can I get parts?

C,

We would suggest that you check some salvage yards.

Sir,

I am trying a few around here with no luck so far. Where do you get your parts from?

AND they decided to block my emails!

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

parts@alpha-sports.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain alpha-sports.com by mx.spamexperts.com. [163.172.22.222].

I tried calling to talk to the person I was emailing and they said that they never heard of him... Really?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting the run around like that sucks. It sounds like you'll have to make your own part or have something made for you.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Know what you're getting.

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Getting the run around like that sucks. It sounds like you'll have to make your own part or have something made for you.
I did some research and have found that many folks have issues with them. Apparently they have no idea what an LG90 looks like. I have currently found a similar part from an older LG90 or LG50 but it's not exactly like the one on my LG90 but very similar and should fit. All I have to do is weld on a "E" shaped steel guard to the outer "D" shaped heel guard that I ordered and it will do just fine.

Sad how they tried to provide good customer service... but being knowledgeable in the products and parts you sell will go a long way. I made my mistake believing the last Chinese part company and it cost me big bucks and I took a lose selling those parts. I decided not to let that happen again with this ATV and the proof is above. Make sure you know what you need and what you're getting. When in doubt question them.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're lucky to have access to a welder. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Got the part

I received the part and it appears it will fit fine once I bend the tab back to it original position. Apparently this came off a salvage bike that was damaged. That's ok and all I have to do is copy the right side and were good to go.

Now if I can just figure out the lack of power. If interested in knowing about this please see my other post. 2003 Alpha Sport LG90 lack of power

Meanwhile I'll keep you posted on the heel guard.