Hooking up a bomb a## Wes Industries Classic Deluxe Plus

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking up a bomb a## Wes Industries Classic Deluxe Plus

These guys are out of French Canadia and make a really well reviewed trunk/seat. Just got in their classic version with tail light, and heated grips and seat. The electrical wires coming out of it are green, yellow, brown and white. Installation instructions indicate the white is ground, yellow is rear light, and green is 'direct' whatever that is. Literature doesn't indicate anything about the brown wire, although it seems to be joined with the yellow wire while the other two wires are separate. Reminds me of the paired colored wires in a trailer light kit. Makes me wonder if the brown has something to do with the light as well, dunno.

So anybody have any idea where I start digging into the '11 700 Grizz's electrical system to start powering this bowhemeth up? Wes thoughtfully designed the harness with a connection in the middle so disconnecting is straight forward.

white is ground
yellow is rear light
green is 'direct'
brown?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guys at Wes Industries sent a schematic that really should have been included in the original box...

So brown and yellow go to the tail light
white is ground
green is power/heat

Two questions...

ground
- is it ok to hook into the ground in the tail light compartment or should I route it all the way up to the neg- batt terminal?

power
- When I installed my winch I bought and placed a wire harness inline after the key-turn switch that gets switched power to the winch. Would it be ok to route the green wire up to the hood section and splice into this splice connection using male and female what I call 'bullet' wire ends?