Ignition reversed on big bear 350?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition reversed on big bear 350?

So this has been an issue since day one of this quad, had it for about 8 months now and it went from sitting in a field, to riding trails again. Took a new carb, and a few other bits and pieces, but it runs once again. Only problem is the ignition, which is quite a pickle... So when you turn the key on, you get headlights, starter, and all the oil temp and neutral lights, but no spark at all. Then the key off, everything else before that was mentioned cuts off, but you get spark. I can tell it's something in the wiring that's reversed because someone hacked at it before me, but I honestly have no clue what each wire does because I can't find any wiring diagrams that help me for a 1987 big bear 350. This is especially annoying because I can't ride at night, have no electric start (have to use pull start) and the voltage regulator isn't working right so nothing charges the battery, so I can't just hook up a light bar. I'll put a picture, but don't know if that will help much, but it's getting on my nerves. I do motors, not electrics. Thanks.