Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

american sportworks odd start

Old 08-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american sportworks odd start

I have a American sportworks trail wagon 265cc it starts and runs fine with pull start but no headlights will not start with key (dead) I have charged battery, charger says it is charged and in working order checked all the obvious have found nothing yet help thanks

Old 09-29-2016, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

First off if it is still under warranty then return it to the dealer, if you start working on it then your remaining warranty may be in jeopardy. Other wise you need an electrical tester and start checking things out. Is the starter good? A quick direct connection from the battery will confirm that, hook up tester to starter leads and see if you have power there when you turn the key. If not then start tracing from the battery to the starter, going thru the key switch checking for current along the way. When you get to a point where you have no current then that is your culprit. Could be a loose or corroded connection, go thru all electrical connections and clean and reattach all of them. I have a small brass brush about the size of a toothbrush that I use, have to do that on my boat every year from being in a wet environment. Poor electrical connections can cause all kinds of issues.