Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Best Yamaha Warrior Mods??

Old 12-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Yamaha Warrior Mods??

Ok, I need some mods to make my warrior lighter for massive jumping. Does any one have and suggestions to the best mods i can put on it for more stability and to make it lighter for jumping? Also is there any engine mods i can do to make it as fast as the new YFZ 450(im not sure there are any that can make it that fast without changing an engine) and also if anyone knows where i can get a kick start for a back up starter.

Thank You,
Bri

Old 01-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

check out www.albaaction.com you might find what your looking for there

Old 01-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Add +2 A-arms and shocks, that makes a huge difference with stability. As far as making it as fast as a YFZ, that wont happen with the warrior motor, well you might be able to add nos. Mickey Dunlop makes a 450 kit but even with that you still only have 2 valves. I wish they made a kick start for the warrior, removing the starter and battery would take off some weight. The only other starting option is the older warriors had a pull start.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

You answered your own question... Sell the warrior and get you a YFZ450 Your problems solved...

That makes your warrior lighter and as fast as a YFZ450 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

anything else will not even come close.........

Old 01-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trxoutlawz
You answered your own question... Sell the warrior and get you a YFZ450 Your problems solved...

That makes your warrior lighter and as fast as a YFZ450 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

untrue!! It doesn't change anything about the warrior other than ownership [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Still though, you'd have to spend the worth of a YFZ on a Warrior to even come close I'd say. There's just not much on a Warrior to lighten. You could order a custom titanium frame .. that would save you a good bit. loose the front bumper, get lighter wheels and tires, new shocks ... they sky's the limit as long as you got the $

Old 01-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
Originally posted by: Trxoutlawz

untrue!! It doesn't change anything about the warrior other than ownership [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Still though, you'd have to spend the worth of a YFZ on a Warrior to even come close I'd say. There's just not much on a Warrior to lighten. You could order a custom titanium frame .. that would save you a good bit. loose the front bumper, get lighter wheels and tires, new shocks ... they sky's the limit as long as you got the $
Ok, here we go... Why put all the bucks into modifying an out dated quad... Dont get me wrong, All the quads are good if that is your ride....(just get out and ride) But why put big bucks into a ride to make it as fast or as good as another newer ride? It is cheaper and more reliable to update to a newer ride...

Old 01-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I did say that it would cost you more than a new YFZ to get the Warrior even close ...

As for why spend the money?? Some people have more $$ than ¢, a problem I don't have, but sometimes wish I did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

good point[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

blah