Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

best warrior pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-1999, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just picked up a clean 96 warrior and
am ready to start modifications to it.
i would like to know the best ways to extract more power from it. is the pro flow
realy worth 100 bucks becouse my dad can probably make me one.

Old 07-15-1999, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Im not sure ont hte pro flow thing but your post asked what the best pipe is.
Well without going out and buying all of them and putting eachone on and testing it for myself, im no hope there either.
BUT on the other hand i can tell you i am very very happy with the set up i have.
K&N filter
Eseries Muffler w/ Stock Pipe
Amp LINK
Realtor tires
41 tooth rear sprocket

Hope this helps
GOOD LUCK
RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN
Chad "ZORLOC" Petersen

Old 07-17-1999, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

I have the "E" series pipe from White Bros. on my Warrior, coupled with a K&N filter and jet kit. The sound is not offensive, but sounds nice and throaty. The power gains are noticeable after each mod. I had a performance clutch kit in my Blaster, and it made a big difference, but I haven't put on in the Warrior yet, so I don't know how much that would help.

------------------
Michael "Lordmik" Magee

Stranded on a tropical island, for now...

Old 07-18-1999, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a Pro Flow system on my 97 Warrior with their fiter also and compared to the pathetic stock system it is a no brainer to properly re-install the filter.The system consists or an aliminum billet which mounts to the front of the air box ( youll need to drill two holes) onto which is mounted one or both foam filters supplied. There's no trying to align the lid with the filter, just screw it back on. I"m using a Moto Force lid which is vented for increased air flow. It can be ordered in a clear plastic, allowing you to see the codition of you filter. This lid gives you 90% of the air flow that an open air box gives.
Of course you'll need to rejet to compensate for the increased air flow in order to prevent a lean condition, if you run most any pipe you'll jet even fatter on the main.
Bottom line? Unless your Dad can fashion billet aluminum adaptors and high density filters (2 types are included) i"d say $99 is a bargain compared to the potential engine damage that sorry stock set-up can cause due to mis- alignment of the air box lid!

Old 07-20-1999, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a white bros.all around cam,r&d valve springs,weisco 10.5 to 1 piston,k&n filter and a 4" supertrapp. This thing really screams!!!!it dynos at 30 hp ( stock is 22 )golden west has the best prices on pipe kits ( includes gaskets,k&n,outer wear and plug )you really have to shop around,i bought everything from different places and saved alot even with the increased shipping.if you want any more info e-mail me at sbucks@aol.com.....good luck!