Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

1998 LT80 help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 LT80 help

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and to atv's. I'm looking for some advice finding parts and learning any tricks I can do to this thing. It's been sitting four years and I have taking it apart to check everything out, I've looked at some stuff on the web and a few of the forums to get where I am. I have a service manual on the way, but trying to see where's the best place to by parts, I've looked on eBay and found some, but are the parts good? Don't want to go back with cheap stuff to have to fix it later. It had a 20mm carb on it and I want to replace it with a stock one because I've read so much on how there better. Wanted to see if there is a good place to get one? There are some on eBay and are those good? It also had a DG pipe and see those aren't very good either, so I'll be looking for a better one. Pulled the piston and it's bored .060 over so I think I need to find another cylinder and piston because the piston is all scared up. What's a good one to get or at least the cylinder and I would like to go back with a wesico, that's what was in it and I see there good pistons. Not looking to make a racer out of it right now, but would like to make a little better then stock, it's for my you get son. I appreciate any advice and help.

Also what's a good place to get parts and are there any books out there on how to hop the little motors up?