Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Polaris is messed up

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris is messed up

Already everyone have another problem with my Polaris Went driving today with some friends and my atv started to make some noise so i stopped. Then i started driving and it wouldn't go over 15 mph so i am not sure whats is wrong with it but i am pissed and starting to get mad with polaris but please help me figure this out. I also took the clutch cover off and the clutch would not squize the belt and make it ride up so not sure Please help.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is it for a bike and year? could be the secondary buttons are gone in the helix(depending on what bike/year it is) making it not have any speed. did it seem to bog(like starting in a high gear/have no take off power). just an idea.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy bob
Already everyone have another problem with my Polaris Went driving today with some friends and my atv started to make some noise so i stopped. Then i started driving and it wouldn't go over 15 mph so i am not sure whats is wrong with it but i am pissed and starting to get mad with polaris but please help me figure this out. I also took the clutch cover off and the clutch would not squize the belt and make it ride up so not sure Please help.
TRY to give more info on machine! Plus as you say the drive or driven clutch(usually the problem clutch) wont operate correctly,could have as suggested ramp button or rear helix or spring problem. Just give more info when posting problems! OPT

Old 05-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

It is a 2000 Polaris magnum 325 2x4. I just had a new belt and buttons put on 4 months ago so i cant figure it out what wrong with it.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer

Also it does not bog out it takes off and then one you push the throttle to a certain point it gets loud and wont go fast it feels like i am driving in low but im not and low seems really low when you put it in low.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy bob
Also it does not bog out it takes off and then one you push the throttle to a certain point it gets loud and wont go fast it feels like i am driving in low but im not and low seems really low when you put it in low.
A lot can happen in 4 months!Depends on how you drove it and if repair was done correctly! Still sounds like the rear clutch problem especially since you said the clutch won't "RAMP up or "squeeze" the belt.If you haven't taken one apart,I would let a shop do it. Has to be taken apart and inspected for ramp button wear and OR helix grinding against the inner sheath if ramp buttons worn down to nothing!! What it sounds like to me when you say it makes noise, this is NOT normal! OPT
ONE LAST THING,not related to the clutches,but remembered on the Magnums that there is a COUPLER that connects the short prop shaft to the rear gear case from the transmission that can get dry and strip out basically doing the same thing,Can start out ok,but when throttle applied the splines on the coupler will slip. There is a hard to reach grease fitting (NOT on all models) that a lot of people over look. Just a thought.You might jack up rear of atv,place in drive,try to turn rear wheels and see if coupler slips? Worth a try!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

Well i just took it up to the same mechanic that had worked on before to see if he can fix it he is a good mechanic so i will let you all know what is wrong with the popo= Polaris.