Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

500x2 efi Help!!

Old 05-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500x2 efi Help!!

HI guys. I just bought a sportsman 500x2 efi 2007 that doesnt run well. It idles fine, but stalls after around 4000-4500rpm. it shows codes 22 47 58 56 55 41 45. Short circuit? I have replaced the harness to the map sensor. Also the light on the instrument is still on without ignition. And the fuel gauge is gone ?? Sorry for bad english, I am from Sweden..

Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by olleeklund
HI guys. I just bought a sportsman 500x2 efi 2007 that doesnt run well. It idles fine, but stalls after around 4000-4500rpm. it shows codes 22 47 58 56 55 41 45. Short circuit? I have replaced the harness to the map sensor. Also the light on the instrument is still on without ignition. And the fuel gauge is gone ?? Sorry for bad english, I am from Sweden..
Sounds like a fuel pump as well as possible wiring harness problems to sensors although codes may show up at times that are false such as code #22: Loss of synchronization.#41,Air temp sensor high voltage,#45 MAP sensor low input(harness kit you replaced should have negated that code) #47 IAC(Idle Air Control) open load,#55 Diagnostic lamp open load(usually a false code,but may not be in your case though) #56 fuel pump open load! This is one that may be a problem you're having on stalling.Possible weak fuel pump. After market pumps are available on ebay.You may still have some harness problems,plus there is one company that makes heavy duty wiring and sensor connectors for your machine that you can check out. Without having it placed on Polaris Digital Wrench software at a dealer this is as close as you can get. Try the fuel pump first.Here's a few on ebay.2008 Polaris 500 efi fuel pump | eBay Plus here's the place on heavy duty harness kits for the tps sensor(if needed),along with map sensor harness kits.Only The Best Before you replace the pump and any harness kit,disconnect the battery. Check for codes again and see if any are dropped from the list.If you don't have service manual here's a pdf manual for 5 dollars that may be of help.http://polaris-atv.brssm.com/2007-Po...ce-Manual.html

Old 05-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks. Is it possible to check if the fuelpump is broken? I have alreade removed the battery Cables without result. I saw today that the grommet to the map sensor was damaged! Do you Think that can be a problem? And theres a ticking sound from the IACvalve when ignition is on? thanks

Old 05-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by olleeklund
thanks. Is it possible to check if the fuelpump is broken? I have alreade removed the battery Cables without result. I saw today that the grommet to the map sensor was damaged! Do you Think that can be a problem? And theres a ticking sound from the IACvalve when ignition is on? thanks
Ticking may be from the fuel pump? Yes you can disconnect the hose leading from the fuel pump to the fuel injector,hook up a fuel pressure gauge on the pump nipple and just turn the key on,engine OFF. The fuel pump must hold 39 psi with out any dropping in fuel pressure.. Again yes if the grommet is damaged or split it can suck air and act the same as a tbap harness short(code45) I've had to replace several of these.Item #9 on the parts list.Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse