Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2006 Polaris Trailblazer help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2006 Polaris Trailblazer help?

I purchased a used 2006 Polaris Trailblazer. When I went to look at it, it fired right up, I drove it around a little, and left to go get the cash. I came back, fired it right up again drove it around a little more, loaded it on the truck and left. All in all it was started a good 5 to 7 times to test it out before handing over the cash. I left it on my truck for the night, next day got it off and it wouldn't start! Eventually after trying all day, the battery started showing signs of being dead. I took it in for a charged, had it tested and it was a good battery. Got a new spark plug, and took the carb apart and cleaned it. Still nothing. I came to the conclusion it was flooded. I let it sit for 24 to 36 hours. IT fired right up. Tons of white smoke out of the exhaust. Put it away, a few days later it was great then it started to smoke bad again and stalled. Wouldn't start back up. Sometimes it fires right up but after a little while it stalls. When it starts it has white exhaust. Anyone have any ideas? I know a little about four wheelers, but not to great. I'm so sick of it starting, getting it riding and then it stalls and wont start. Within about 12 hrs of the new plug it was black. Not sure if that was normal or not. Any help would be great!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

First off check compression. Should at least be around 100psi,hopefully more.Always turn the fuel valve off when through riding as fuel can leak past the carb into the engine and flood the crank case. If this is happening get a new carb kit that comes with the needle and seat. Plenty of them on ebay for this model.http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARB-REPAIR-REBUILD-KIT-POLARIS-TRAIL-BLAZER-250-2WD-1996-1997-1998-1999-00-2001-/370643954578?hash=item564c19eb92&vxp=mtr Plus look over this fuel section of manual that shows how to repair and set the float level of your carb. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...U2gGlaHJWSIlbA If you continue to have problems cranking,but has good compression,crank seals may be distorted and leaking from gas in the crank case.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your response. I'm going to pick up a compression tester today. It smells of gas pretty bad when I take the seat off.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

That in itself needs to be addressed fairly quickly. I'd check whether it's a leaking fuel line or dripping out the bottom of the carb drain/overflow tube from worn carb parts. Not a pretty site to see an atv on fire unless it's done on purpose out of sheer frustration.. Wish I could understand Spanish(I think?) a little better..
Did catch that one part in English.. "Have to get a new one..

Old 10-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would have to agree with you. I was told by a friend that knows a little about four wheelers It may just be because of the flooding. I found no leak anywhere. No moist spots... Im heading to get a compression tester after dinner... Hoping for the best