Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2005 polaris trailblazer 250 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 polaris trailblazer 250 wiring

I'm in need of a wiring diagram for a 2005 trailblazer 250. I'm not getting power to the white/red wire on the solenoid. I have power at the switch, but not making it to the white/red wire. Possible switch problem? If anyone has a wiring diagram I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 10-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If you have power on the red/black,red/white but when placed in the start position power isn't transferred to the white/red solenoid wire,then sounds like a faulty switch. Here's a cheap manual with the wiring schematic so you can check it out to be sure.
2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 Service Manual PDF Download

Old 10-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems as though Ive got some odd wiring/solenoid on here. It looks liike the old ford style fender mount solenoid. They had they had the brown wire attached to the "I" terminal on the solenoid,which is a ground wire. The weird thing is, when ever I try to conncet the headlight connector I lose all power. Wait a few minutes and the power comes back. Thinking something is shorting out. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 10-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Just look at the wiring schematic in the manual and you can tell if someone has been messing with the electrical.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by badams340
Seems as though Ive got some odd wiring/solenoid on here. It looks liike the old ford style fender mount solenoid. They had they had the brown wire attached to the "I" terminal on the solenoid,which is a ground wire. The weird thing is, when ever I try to conncet the headlight connector I lose all power. Wait a few minutes and the power comes back. Thinking something is shorting out. Any thoughts? Thanks!
If someone has been messing with the wiring or replaced the solenoid it may be tripping the 20 amp main circuit breaker. It's in a sealed pouch located up from the battery. If it's terminals are corroded also you can get these at any auto supply for a few bucks. Here's a new one compared to a couple bad ones. Plus if mine I'd go ahead and pull the black wire from the reverse limiter module as they all eventually fail.You can have full power in reverse without having to push the over ride button.Item#25.http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/o...l-taillight-cb

Attached Thumbnails 2005 polaris trailblazer 250 wiring-1000936wj9.jpg