Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Polaris Trail Boss 325 2x4 does not start

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I´ve finally succeed to start my ATV
I was trying to start it with the air intake open, but only after closing air could i start it.

Now i have a new problem, when i open the air intake stick, the ATV turns off, in the past this did not happen, can you help me to understand what can be happening?

Another thing, according to the manual i should have left the pilot screw open for two turns bu i left 2.5, can this be a problem?

Once again thank for all the help given

Old 02-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If I'm understanding you correctly you had the air box off. Air box and filter have to be installed or the machine will bog down. 2.5 turns isn't bad,but this pilot fuel screw can be fine tuned in or out for the best idle when the engine is warm.This screw regulates the fuel at an idle.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:09 AM
Trailblazer

Hello,

Air box and filter are installed and the ATV is running OK, much faster and better accelerating than before cleaning.

The problem is that when i pull the choke **** out, the ATV simply turns off.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:51 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Pulling the choke out will usually allow too much fuel and kill the engine. If it cranks ok,runs ok that's all that matters. Normally the Trail Boss was cold natured and needed the choke to crank first thing in the morning. I found some that were hard to start from the factory even with the choke pulled out.It ended up being that the pilot screw was turned in too far from the factory. Some as low as 1/2 turn out and one I found was even closed. I just turned them out to 2 turns and then they cranked fine.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Trailblazer

Ok, thanks

I will enjoy it now in the nature