Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Polaris Trail Boss 325 2x4 does not start

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Trail Boss 325 2x4 does not start

Hello all,

First of all i wish you all good New Year.

After being looking in old post i could not find help for my problem.
So once again I need help with my Trail Boss 325 2x4. Itīs doesnīt start for nothing, I’ve already changed the spark plug for a new one and I see the spark on it. Another thing I’ve checked is if the fuel gets to the carburetor and itīs there, the fuel pump seem to be working. One thing that looks odd to me is the fact that after being 1/2 minutes trying to start the moto, the plug comes out completely dry it looks that the fuel does not get to the cylinder.
What do you advise me to do next? Should o dismount the carburettor and clean it or should I check another thing?

Thank you all for the help again,
Carlos

Old 01-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If you have spark as you say and fuel to the carb,then does sound like you need to pull the carb and clean the jets and make sure all passage ways are clean and open in the carb.Use carb spray and compressed air. You should be able to see daylight when looking through the main and pilot jet.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

Hello Old Polaris Tech,

Once again you are helping me with my ATV moto

I will do has you say and as soon i tested it, i will give you as feedback.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Might even be better if you have access to parts to install a good Shindy carb kit.Cleaning may not always solve the problem.Shindy Carburetor Rebuild Kit Polaris Trail Boss 325 2000-2001 Carb Repair | eBay

Old 02-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Trailblazer

Hello,

Iīve already cleaned the carb it looks ok.
Now i have one doubt, in the top of the engine thereīs a tube leaving that itīs not connected to anywhere, ate least i donīt know where to connect it.
Can you help me with that?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:21 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

The nipple on top of the engine cover is the crank case vent. This line goes to the air box so oil fumes can be directed back into the engine to be burned.Cuts down on emissions rather than having it open and vented to the atmosphere.

Attached Thumbnails Polaris Trail Boss 325 2x4 does not start-6381c010.gif   Polaris Trail Boss 325 2x4 does not start-6381a013.gif  
Old 02-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Trailblazer

Hello,

Thanks for the help, iīve already putted it in the correct position.

But still have a problem, my ATV does not start and i noticed that i have no fuel getting into the carburettor.
The fuel is is not leaving the fuel pump, it seems that i have no pressure coming from the carburettor to the fuel pump.

What can be causing this?

Old 02-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Pump itself could be weak or fuel filter stopped up or even the fuel valve itself can get stopped up. Top line into the fuel pump is from the fuel valve(inlet) Second line is fuel line to carb.Bottom hose leads to right side of carb(vacuum line) If you suspect a fuel pump,aftermarket pumps are cheap.US New Material ATV Fuel Pump For Magnum 325 2000-2002/Trailblazer 330 2010

Attached Thumbnails Polaris Trail Boss 325 2x4 does not start-index.png  
Old 02-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

Hello,

In this case the pump seems well and i cleaned it. What i notice is that the vacuum line has a very poor vacuum, hardly noticed.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by oliveiracarlos
Hello,

In this case the pump seems well and i cleaned it. What i notice is that the vacuum line has a very poor vacuum, hardly noticed.
If vacuum line feels weak then check valve clearance. .006 intake and exhaust. May be as simple as that's what's causing low vacuum. Vacuum is actually from the engine through the carb. Plus may not be a bad idea to recheck the carb openings plus blow compressed air through the fuel valve. If these all check out I'd still suspect a weak fuel pump.