Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2011 Polaris trailblazer 330 won't fire

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Polaris trailblazer 330 won't fire

I have a trailblazer 330 that I bought it's hardly been used , rode it for a couple weeks then one day it stopped starting with the key and I was able to pull start it but it ran rough ,that lasted a couple days before I wasn't able to get it started at all , was told at the time it was a new battery in it when I bought from a uncle , just not sure now if it could only be the battery or the stator or even the CDI box , any ideas would be helpful, thanks !

Old 01-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Start at the basics. Has to have spark,fuel and air. Check plug against cylinder,may be as simple as needing a new plug. Also check the air filter and if in doubt on the fuel,drain the tank,add fresh fuel with stabilizer. If it has spark but still won't crank,could be trash in the carb jets. My two cents if you have to pull a carb off rebuild it with a good Shindy kit rather than just trying to clean one.Kits are cheaper than what an oem needle and seats costs. If you don't have spark could be several things. The best place to start then is with a good 5 buck manual that has resistance tests along with trouble shooting checks.2011 Polaris Trail Blazer Service Manual PDF Download

Old 01-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

But I have nothing when I turn the key , no lights , no indicator lights , and that was when the battery was supposedly good (I'm not so sure he even replaced it before I bought it) I got a couple pull starts out of it then nothing since , that was a few months ago, haven't had time to mess with it until now .

Old 01-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I tried jumping the solenoid with jumper cables hooked up to the battery, no spark from plug with a plug tester , if it was the stator or CDI box wouldn't it still turn over with the key (if it had a full 12 volts ) guess I've kinda spaced that off until now .

Old 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Then start at the battery connections first. If they're tight then charge the battery and have it load tested. Don't take any ones word that a battery is new or good.Plus batteries can be bad straight out of the box. These later models have to have a good battery to run,pull start may get a couple starts on a weak battery,but won't last. Look at this info on how to check batteries.https://www.batterystuff.com/blog/ho...ry-is-bad.html Plus once you get it running check voltage reading at the battery. Should be between 14-14.5 volts. If it reads battery voltage(12.5-12.8) volts,then the whole problem could be caused by a faulty voltage regulator sucking a battery down.