Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

What is Fair

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Do they even have Digital Wrench at that shop or they just replacing parts? I'd offer what parts they replaced plus a diagnostic charge and get my machine back.

Said Polaris set all the sensors back to original factory settings?? I never changes them? Trying a new computer if that's not it he is stumped and I will pick it up and bring it somewhere else?

Old 01-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a local mechanic right here in the small town i live in. He works on pretty much everything. I usually just go to him and every time he's worked on one of my quads, he got it back to me very quickly. Though so far I've only had him replace known defective parts and I brought the part to him. In 2 days he's usually done, sometimes even the next day. If I had a new machine that was under warranty, i would take it to the dealer though. Their turn around is closer to 2 weeks instead of 2 days though. The local guy is only about a block away too. If I take something to him, i drive it there and simply walk back home and then walk back and pick it up when its done. Can't get much more convenient than that. There's an alley behind my home that I access to take my quad there to avoid getting on the road that connects to his shop. He works on anything from a chainsaw to 1 ton dually trucks. I don't think his lifts can handle anything heavier than that though.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Vermontguy
Said Polaris set all the sensors back to original factory settings?? I never changes them? Trying a new computer if that's not it he is stumped and I will pick it up and bring it somewhere else?
Sensors aren't usually the problem. Still think they are by passing or not looking for shorts in the wiring that at times are hard to find and many times don't trip codes in either the speedos or even in Digital Wrench. The tps was the most common harness problem and the main reason https://otbpowersports.com/products/ came out with the stronger connectors and wiring.