Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

03 sportsman 700 axle specs

Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 sportsman 700 axle specs

I've been running gorilla axles on my bike since right after I got it a few years ago without any issues. But now I've got one front that's beginning to show it's age with a little bit of clicking when I need it most. I've found another company that's supposed to have really close to the same quality but for around half the price. BUT, they don't list for the 02-04 700's because factory was a u-joint inner. Does anyone have the specs on the 02-04 and the 05+? I need spline count, spline length and diameter, and also a length on the axle shaft itself. If anyone has the specs for the 02-04 I can work off that also.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Eastlake has oem equivalent drive shafts for 70 bucks each for your model if you decide to go that way.1 year warranty or so they say. Polaris Sportsman front left/right cv axle 500 / 600 / 700 2002 2003 2004 | eBay

Old 02-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks OPT, there are several companies out there that make inexpensive replacements for my bike but all of them are u-joint on the inner for the fronts. I finally got someone at gorilla axle that was willing to talk to me but didn't want to come off much info besides the difference is in the outer joint(spline count and length). I don't know if it's true but he said that theres a difference between the 03, 04, 04.5, and 05+. He said that all of those years for the 700 are different for the front axles but wouldn't come off any specs besides it's something to do with the wheel hub. And as for east lake, haha, I've run them before and I ended up having one warranteed, and eventually sending that one back for a refund. I won't go into details and I won't bash them because I'm hoping those 2 axles were a fluke, but I'll keep running sixity axles unless I'm buying more gorilla's.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

As far as what I've heard Sixity drive shafts are good oem replacement at a good price. Doesn't matter if you have a Gorilla or Rhino drive shaft,eventually all wear out or break. I've had several of these come in to the shop that have snapped.It's not like the drive shafts on my wifes car that has a 145,000 miles on them that are still ok(knock on wood) that drive on good clean asphalt or concrete.Even though they sure look the same as what's on atvs and I can get each one for 50 bucks.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Exactly! Its hard to believe that the ones that go in a 3000lb+ vehicle are cheaper than one that goes in an 800lb atv. And you're absolutely right, they'll all wear out or break eventually. And alot of the eastlake's and sixity's have the same warranty that gorilla does for much less. I think some of it goes to the quality control and the different parts that go in them. And the rest of the money goes to the name brand the same way tools do.

Search this Thread