Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

new ride

Old 11-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ride

I'm not new to ATV's, had two, but I have my first sidexside a 2009 800 RZR LE. the only add-ons are fender flares and dual exhaust, tires will come later. Can you give me some things, if any, to look for? What's good what's bad what extras are worth it and where to purchase them.

Thanks,
david.............

Old 12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by davidrp
I'm not new to ATV's, had two, but I have my first sidexside a 2009 800 RZR LE. the only add-ons are fender flares and dual exhaust, tires will come later. Can you give me some things, if any, to look for? What's good what's bad what extras are worth it and where to purchase them.

Thanks,
david.............
I am thinking about buying an RZR myself, how are you liking yours?

Old 12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats on the new ride.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

So far I have no problem (I got a good deal) I have to get use to the bed or lack of bed space compared to rhino and others, however, I can buy a cargo box that will fit and fasten down. The fenders flares are great keeps the mud away from you. I mainly choose the RZR because of the gas pedal my foot is not bent like on the others so it does not cramp when out for a long period of time, but that's just me. The only thing I don't like is that this thing will FLY, again this is just me but a sideXside doesn't have to go that fast. After rolling and totaling by ATV and separating my sholder last year I was going to be sure the next one was going to have a roll cage. I have friends with other sidexsides and they like them so it just go to show they are also good vehicles.
Go for the best price and service after the sale.

I hope this helps.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

After rolling and totaling by ATV and separating my sholder last year I was going to be sure the next one was going to have a roll cage.
David, How did you crash your ATV and separate your shoulder like that? Sounds nasty....Not to change the subject to much; just wondering.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

It was my fault probably driving too fast. I came out of a creek area in 4 wheel drive and I don't remember changing back to two wheel. I started going up a small hill with a curve at the top but comming out of the curve I hit a deep and wide wash out and the ATV went to the left I went flying. I remember coming off and the next thing I knew I was laying on the ground with the ATV was on my feet on its side. It was winter so I have plenty of cloths on for protection boots, big coat, gloves and helmet. I heard crashing behind me so who knows how many times it rolled, sometimes I think I didn't fall off the ATV I was thrown to the ground. Distroyed the main headlight and bent the handle bars on the King Quad. I was going to repair it but later found out the frame was bent. Now I have a RZR with rollcage.

Ahhh life is good.............

Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad to hear you are okay now. Things could have been much worse.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

It was my fault probably driving too fast. I came out of a creek area in 4 wheel drive and I don't remember changing back to two wheel. I started going up a small hill with a curve at the top but comming out of the curve I hit a deep and wide wash out and the ATV went to the left I went flying. I remember coming off and the next thing I knew I was laying on the ground with the ATV was on my feet on its side. It was winter so I have plenty of cloths on for protection boots, big coat, gloves and helmet. I heard crashing behind me so who knows how many times it rolled, sometimes I think I didn't fall off the ATV I was thrown to the ground. Distroyed the main headlight and bent the handle bars on the King Quad. I was going to repair it but later found out the frame was bent. Now I have a RZR with rollcage.

Ahhh life is good.............
That is nasty. Good thing you weren't in tee shirt and shorts. Wonder how an RZR would handle a crash like that. Likely the frame wouldn't have been bent; maybe some front suspension damage though. Hope you had insurance on it. Not sure insurance covers total destruction. I think mine does, but if I ever tried to make a claim, they figure out how to deny it, one way or another.