Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

RZR Throttle Pedal Spring a bit soft.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RZR Throttle Pedal Spring a bit soft.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GregV

I have it. I am pleased with it. I do have to agree though about the gas pedal being too soft.

Maybe it's just going to take some getting used to, going from a thumb throttle to a foot pedal. I do think if the spring was firmer it would be better. It has a TON of torque and when you get into a bumpy section you do have to either be in low range on just gun it....then it just rips over top of the bumps like they weren't even there.

Nice to finally have got it though.

Appearently, there were about 3 people trying to buy mine out from underneath me before I picked it up. I had already paid $3,500 down.....so they knew I was serious about picking it up.</end quote></div>

Old 06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GregV

Honestly, what Polaris needs to do ( If any Reps are listening ) is to add a SOLID HEAL STOP. That way your throttle foot could stay stationary in rough terrain and then you would just use your toe to accellerate. Problem solved.

I have fabricated a few things in the past for various fixes......but I really think this is a direction that Polaris should investgate. Either recessing a heal pad or adding an elevated pad. Either would work depending of the foot size of the driver.</end quote></div>

Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

One of the things I like about this sport is contnually witnessing folks solve problems such as this and improve what really turns out to be somewhat of a 'base' machine (design-wise) because of the market it competes in.

I think somebody mentioned the throttle positioning as related to the overall drive sytem and wonder if this just isn't the ideal way to set it up in their opinion. (sans the seemingly obvious heel support and all).

Old 06-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the same problem. I'm wodering if someone is going to come out with a fix. Maybe a stiffer spring? I let my friends try it all and they all said the same thing. It's hard to control throttle over bumpy/rough terrain.