Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

rzr rev limiter and more power

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rzr rev limiter and more power

There is alot of info on this over at the PRC forum, you should go check it out.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understand in regards to the spacer removal mod is that it only affects top end, not acceleration. Adds about 10MPH but it is at the expense of belt life as it will tend to stretch it out over time. Go to the PRC forum for more details.

Big Gun also has an exhaust and EFI controller for sale on Ebay....

Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

ATV Sport......May 2007 issue. They mention a top speed of 70 mph.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

After going through the Rhino hype in '03 (and subsequently through my wallet) I think that we're going to take a wait and see attitude on some of this stuff; including the EFI controller. If history is any guide; we'll see lots of discussion regarding the pros and cons involved in each of these individual set-ups; providing us with one heck of a lot more quality information than we have now for the dollar spent.
I guess the good news is that this thing truly performs right out of the box and that a windshield/top/spare tire carrier were about my only real needs when I stopped myself long enough to think about it.

Now a 'reverse' rev un-limiter...that would be another story. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

i did the spacer removal mod, no special tools, takes about 20 mins, picked up about 8 mph, but it throws the belt out there further and seems to get to the top faster.
as far as stretching the belt, i dont think so, if you take the cover off and watch the belt exercise with the spacer it only goes up to like an inch from the end of the machined area, theres' still room at the bottom of the driven clutch. when you take the spacer out it looks like it just goes through the full motio of the clutch. as i understand it, the sp800 uses the same clutch and belt but no spacer. that woudl lead me to believe that the spacer is there purely for safety.
i guess i'm unsafe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's funny that you're one of the few out there even experimenting with this and sharing on the forums. Seems like everybody had the Grizz sheave put in by now when the Rhino was first released; along with so much more chatter about different discoveries and new ideas that just plain isn't out there at this same point in time.(considering that this is just as much or more of a groundbreaking machine).

Old 06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

it's not just me, somebody else posted it on prc, there was a lot of this "special tools, and you need a phd, and marvin the martain's blessing" talk but one guy just hopped up and said nope no special tools needed it's totally easy, here's how.

so i tore down and just played with the belt and noted what it was doing and how it works. and more importantly how things changed

Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Martymoe, where did you find this info on how to remove the spacer? and guys forgive me for being dumb but what is PRC?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

It's the polaris ranger club forum...still don't know what the rules are here for linking these kind of things.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

http://www.prcforum.com/topic....C_ID=1655&whichpage=3

it's about half way down the page. read the whole thread though there's a lot of good info also i dont think it's a 70mph clutch tweak. more like a 64mph clutch tweak.

Quick Reply: rzr rev limiter and more power