2009 rzr 800

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 03:48 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bandit01
Looks like somebody has already peirced the yellow wire for the multimeter test
Messing with the idle screw isn't advised,but if you have it back on the original marked position and it runs better at least tells you something. Probing wires may not always help as the connectors themselves were cheap. Pins can pull back,make erratic contact. Read the sticky post in the Polaris expert section on 700/800 efi problems.As a result of the thin wiring and connector problems, one member made his own repair kits and started offering them to the public. Wish I had them years ago. https://otbpowersports.com/products/

Old 02-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have a code 42 and the po did require the fan to always be on could this be causing my runing rich at idle issue

Old 02-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Code 42 is air temp sensor short to ground. This can be a bogus code or a legitimate code,plus the air temp sensor should be some where between the throttle body and air box. Can't remember off hand.You can take this sensor out and gently clean off any dirt. Also disconnect the battery and see if this code goes away. As far as the fan running constantly,that needs to be solved or the life of the fan will be shortened. I'd check the resistance on the sensor on the side of the engine. At room temp should ohm out around 2.5 k ohms. At hot temp resistance should drop to around 0.186 or so which is supposed to trigger the fan. These items still shouldn't have anything to do with the rich running condition. Plus this manual can help.http://polaris-atv.brssm.com/2009-Po...ce-Manual.html

Attached Thumbnails 2009 rzr 800-index.png