Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PRO POLARIS 20% DISCOUNT FAMILY COUPON

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2000, 08:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I purchased a new Polaris I recieved a 1yr complimentary subscription to "PRO POLARIS" magazine. It included 2 PRO FAMILY coupon's, 1 for 20% discount on maintenace at a "PARTICPATING POLARIS DEALER", the other for 10% off clothing.
THE ISSUE: I took my Polaris in for the inital "maintenance check" and presented the coupon for 20% off. My dealer said they no longer "PARTICIPATE" because they aren't getting reimbursed from Polaris for this coupon.
MY QUESTION: Has any one else had this problem? Who at Polaris HQ should I contact? I thought I would start here first (before e-mailing Polaris) since you guys are great and seem to have all the answers, or at least they are great stories ha-ha-ha
Thanks in advance.
Xpedition 425 owner and lovin' it!!!

Old 05-18-2000, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

Which dealer did you get yours at?

Old 05-18-2000, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

Well the coupon does say at "participating dealers"
Your dealer is not participating in it so what is the problem?
If a dealer is getting shafted by Polaris then he has the right to not participate in that program.

Now if he told you he would honor it and then did not then I would email Polaris and let them know about it.
If not then quityurbitchin. He He

Take it light.

Old 05-18-2000, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is that 1 year ago, my polaris dealer honored 2 pro-polaris coupons. One for maint. discount and one for purchasing equipment.

that is all I know. And that was 1 year ago.

rangerchet

Old 05-18-2000, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought it at Bently's Yamaha-Suzuki-Polaris in Murrysville. I haven't been too pleased with the way they run their operation. If it had not been for them matching my best price (other guy was 1hr 20 minutes away in Punxy) I wouldn't have purschased there. The service desk manager couldn't tell me what they did for the initial Polaris service check, "It's what they recommend in the service book, you'll have to read that to know exactly", because the mechanic had left for the day. But it cost me $160. I will take it to E&A Cycle in Punxy next time.
Where do you ride? I have been out to Torrance several times and trying to learn my way through the mountain trails over there.

Old 05-18-2000, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

oops I messed up. Please see my reply (that I replied to myself) below your inquiry.
Thanks

Old 05-18-2000, 04:00 PM
Range Rover

Polaris gives a 10% clothing discount, so that it's customers don't Die from exposure while waiting for a tow back to the truck.

Old 05-18-2000, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

You do not have to take your machine to a dealer to have it "checked", it will still be covered under warranty if something goes wrong. $160 to do it is a rip in my opinion. We do it for the price of the filter and oils. Thats part of customer service. Most people dont even bring theirs back for that for the sake of conveinence. I know of a dealer that charges $150 to set up for high altitude. Polaris will cover high altitude changes under warranty with no cost to the customer. They want their machines to run good and their customers happy. Of course you can't run up and down the mountains and expect it to be done every time. I'm sure they will honor the coupons but the dealer has to do their part also.

Old 05-18-2000, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

My dealer gave me a free check up before the 6 month warranty went out. They greased it up and
made sure nothing was broken. Too bad all dealers don't offer that. Now I belong to a club and we get discounts at dealers all over. I even get stuff at a Honda dealer sometimes. Look around for a dealer you like, almost any brand dealer can order parts for another make. The smaller shops give better service because they need all of their customers!

Old 05-18-2000, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Try JB2 Motorsports in Indiana,PA. They are on route 286 about 1/2 mile fron the mall. He has always treated me good. Call them. You can get there number at the Polaris web site under"find a dealer". I've never been out there. We usually ride in Bell township and around Islin(indiana county).

Quick Reply: PRO POLARIS 20% DISCOUNT FAMILY COUPON