Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 10-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default Scrambler 500 vs 440ex

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I have owned 3 Polaris bikes so don't tell me I have no clue about Polaris. You put your bike on a DYno and show me the results that u can get 90hp out of it and I will have no contest. It's hard to get 90hp out of even the fastest stock bikes, and you think you can do it with a heavy out dated Scambler engine with AUTOMATIC trans, I dont care if your bike even was faster, its and automatic, a child could ride the dam thing.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Oh and I paid 5k for my Cannondale new and I have electronic fuel injection instead of your crappy carb.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Why do you like the scrambler better,trailrider500
?
Old 10-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Try checking out AZ BAD BOYZ scramblers
their liek 295 pounds, and 90hp or something
Old 10-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

To buy a Scram and strip it down that much, it's not even a Scram anymore, and to put that kind of money into something that wasn't made to perform that way is dumb. A scrambler is not a track quad its a trail quad. If you wanna go fast and race people, sell the scrambler and get a track / racing bike, hell get a predator. Why would domeone wanna do all that work to a Scram, it's not even track legal , it's an AUTOMATIC!!! You gonna race a clutch bike with a bad AUTOMATIC??? Give me a break, might as well sit back on the quad and install autopilot, what skill is it to push on a throttle and hold the wheel. Please to get a scram that light and tell me you spent no more then 5k is an out right lie!!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to trailrider500

I like my banshee just as much as the scrammy u see i do lots of trail riding so the she has no fand and no reverse so i whanted something to ride on trails and when i go to the dunes i ride my shee...

An i whanted to know if a moded scrammy 500 will have a chance at a moded 440ex like the one on the first post..
Old 10-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

what wrong with auto's? u think slow things use autos? Try this on for size, snowmobiles all autos most 100+ hp 2-stroke twins, there not slow hell there faster than a lot of cars out there and they dont use no stinkin clutch. As for the trail only part, its true there excelent trail machines and not much for moto-x but they can easily be mad to haul *** and dominate in drags...so get over it. The lightman02 with the z can head back over to the jap forums and take your head out of you suzuki pals asses cus i dont wanna hear it. And i dont appreciate someone trashing on something they kno little to dick about! Also for the 90 hp thing its called a HPd 416 powermaxx kit for the 400 scrammys, a little over 2k
Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

If the Z400 beats the 500, I'm sure a 440ex will. Even though you have some mods on your Scramy, it is still a heavy bike, you have to spend alot of money on heavy mods to make a Scambler really fast. I think the Scrambler is a good bike but you loose alot of power in the weight of the bike and the belt in the PVT.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

BoonDockBasher, you are pretty much a moron. A snow mobile doesn't way half as much as a car. OF COURSE IT COULD GO FASTER!!!!!!!!!!! Did you take a stupid pill or something. I would never out 2k in a Scram, if you make a 35hp engine up to 90hp, I rather buy a new high performance engine than have to deal with the problems and nightmres that will come later. And don't race your automatic bike with my clutch, it is a useless race. It takes more skill to control a clutch bike then an Automatic. Automatic says I'm a lazy rider with no control, look all I have to do is push one lever. WHo cares about straight aways, sure I'll put your 90hp on the track against my Cannondale, I'll sure I will be heading back your way when you flip over on the track because put all the HP in it you want, it's never gonna handel like a track bike. AND WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT SNOW MOBILES, THIS IS AN ATV FORUM!!!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to 420EX

they're both pretty equal in mods, mine has a stage 1cam, 440 kit, k&n and a hotrod connecting rod, while his has a pipe, k&n with no lid, clutch kit, either way, it doesnt matter how manymos it has, its who's will wn
Old 10-17-2003, 12:13 AM

Tags
400, 440ex, 500, az, bad, boyz, faster, hop, make, race, scrambler, scramblers, ups, yfz, z440