Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Can you believe the nerve of this dealer???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2000, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from my dealer left the sportsman there for a all around service check...you guys would not believe what kind of guy this guy is I was explaining to him that I knew I got the bike there kinda late on Saturday and I knew there were some more bikes ahead of me so then he asks me and I couldn't believe the nerve of him would I like to ride one of the used bikes he had traded for till they got mine checked out...I am telling you guys dealers like these are few and far between. So he lets me use this 95 Sportsman and as I am going out the door throws me a quart of 2 cycle oil and wouldn't even let me pay him for it. Well anyway getting down to the evaluation this sportsman has 27" black water tires that are brand spankin new the bike rides kinda rough compared to my 2000 sportsman but to be 5 years old is not bad. I must say this about it with the bike having a single shock rear end seems the bike has some oversteer and doesn't seem to be as steady as my bike at higher or lower speeds. But man these tires are unbelieveable even with the bike having no EBS it doesn't even slide that bad going down steep stuff which you have to use the brakes on to slow the bike but the tires grip so good. It doesn't compare to my EBS ride but man I know what is going on my sportsman as soon as I can. You guys just wouldn't believe well I guess some of you can what a difference these tires make over the P tires. I have found the P tires to be very terrible at grabbing loose rock on steep paths to a point that it puts the bike into a slide if you hold the brake...Reckon my dealer would believe somebody left the borrowed Sportsman on cinderblocks and took these sweet handling tires...boy that would be a good way to do a guy that let you borrow an atv while yours is in the shop and yes I am just joking I am going to see how he will trade on these to my P tires...Every dealer should be like this guy and he gave my wife a free shirt this guy is unbelieveable he also just started selling Artic Cats but like me his numero uno bike is the Sportsman.

Old 06-25-2000, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATVing,it is dealers like the one you mention that keep customers coming back.We really dont have any good dealers [redardless of brands] in my area.They all take forever.It usually takes two wks wait time before they ever even get the quad in their shop.We do have a dealership that does have a really good mechanic,but it still takes him alot of time before he gets the quad in for repairs.A loner?That would be SO great if the dealers did that here.It would take so much pressure off them as far as the time it takes to get a customers quad done.I like to do my own repairs,but since this was my first service and inspection on the Xplorer,I thought that for warrenty purposes,I'd let the Polaris boys do the first inspection.Im going to be buying the 4yr extended warrenty for the Xplorer real soon.I dont see me buying a new quad for at least three yrs now,so I want the added insurance of the warrenty.You dont suppose all that extra service the dealer extended you has anything to do with you being a cop?I have a ton of cop friends here in Michigan,I know how they get treated,you know,free movies,free pop at he 7-11 stores,ect ect?LOL===Bill

Old 06-25-2000, 05:25 AM
Pro Rider

Well Bill maybe being a cop did have a little to do with but you just wouldn't believe this guy I have never heard anyone have a bad word to say about him and with dealing with people the last 11 years I have became a pretty good judge of character on first impression. This guy usually has a 2 day turn around on any atv that goes in the shop. And yes I do the 7 eleven bit to so many donuts such little time hehehe Please don't picture me as one of the gun toters with his belly hanging over the buckle I will have you know I work out 3 times a week on tax payers money hehehe have a good one Bill glad you are enjoying that new machine, I have fooled around and sat up here all night on this D#M machine and going rideing in about 2 hours on that mean 95 2 stroker guess it will do till I get my caddy back...later

Old 06-25-2000, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

A two day turn around?Thats unheard of in my neck of the woods.As for the loner quad,just be glad that you have one.Do you like the snappy throttle of the two stroker?Im not kidding you,I cant say what the 95 model is like,but you'd have a hard time telling that I owned a 2-stroker from riding behind me,my 00 just dont smoke much at all.In fact,I've seen a few worn 4-strokers that smoke more than my 2-stroker.It looks like my wife is sorta itching me for a quad now to.She really enjoys the auto trans and how easy it is to ride and handle the Polaris models.The 500cc Sportsman is just to much of a quad for such a small girl.She weighs around 115lbs and is about 5'6,so maybe a new 250cc 4x4 Xplorer is in the future?Perhaps Santa will be here in July for her?====Bill

Old 06-25-2000, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bill
I stoped by that shop to pick up some cam straps, Peered into the shop and saw they had your Xplorer in a thousand pieces. And the mecanic was standing there holding a piece of paper and scraching his head? What are they doing to it?

I hear yea about the first service, two weeks after mine the motor blew up!(reason still unknown)But the dealer covered everything with no questions.

Old 06-25-2000, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

TRX,
You be good to me dude.Allready went thru hell with various dealers on the Sportsman.I did bring the Xplorer in to the good mechanic.He's the same one that correctly repaired my Sportsman.I really miss the Xplorer.When I go to my pole barn and it is not there,It's like one of my kids being home late.

HURRY UP, DEALERSHIP====Bill

Old 06-25-2000, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Would you like to trade dealers?
On 4-25-2000 I purchased a Quad Master from Las Cruces Motor Sports in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I called them and they told me they had only one in stock and it was still in the crate. I ask them how long it would take them to get it ready to go and was told 4 hours. I went to the bank and got a cashiers check and drove over 100 miles to the dealer. I paid them and did all the paper work and went to the service department to see the new Quad, what a disappointment! The ""new in the box" Quad had scratches on every plastic part on the four wheeler. And the front luggage rack was also scratched. The front bumper has paint missing where the tape was pulled off. That didn't leave much that wasn't damaged. I think it had been in the showroom, Where people sit on and scratch it up. The dealer told me they would replace every piece of plastic on the Quad. Yesterday the dealer called me for about the 3th time about the parts being there and that if I didn't come to the dealership by this Saturday 6-24-2000 they would ship them back to the warehouse and I would be out of luck. The drive to the dealer is over 100 miles one way, and they want me to leave the Quad and come back, thats well over 400 miles total. What did I do wrong here? Why should I drive 400 miles to get what I paid for in the first place? I called Suzuki customer service @714-996-7040 and was told that they would do what they could to get the dealer to handle this matter in a professional manner. Do I think I see a Honda in my future? YEP I do or better yet a Polaris SP500

Old 06-25-2000, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

atving
You should post the name on this dealer on the forum and maybe convince him to go on the road giving seminars to Polaris dealers on how to treat people. I have two dealers within 15 miles of my home. I bought my first Polaris from a newer, smaller dealer in hopes of getting better service, wrong. They have a good mechanic, but the rest of the service stinks. I go in to buy parts, and the parts manager and the owner are off playing somewhere and the girl behind the counter knows NOTHING. The only thing she knew how to say was "The computer says its here somewhere, but I can't find it". In that same parts trip, I talked to the sales manager about a new machine. He gave me some line about Polaris everyday low price on a trail boss and he could not come down from the suggested price, but he could give me 20% off on accessories. Big deal, the accessories are marked up 50%. I called the big dealer and he gave me $200 of list and made the sale. Now they get all my parts business too. I know the service is not great at the bigger dealer, but at least they have knowledgible people behind the counter. Sorry for rambling. Just wanting to vent. Tell your dealer to buy a dealership up here, a little service would be great.

Old 06-26-2000, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Most dealers, even the ones that usualy will deal with you, don't discount much (if any) on the Trail Boss and Trail Blazer because they don't make much on them. Some big dealers who sell lots of quads weekly will discount a lot though, because they can afford it.

Old 06-26-2000, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Stay with that dealer, you don't see them like that anymore. Most of the Dealers in the Portland, Oregon area treat you just like a number, they just don't care.

Quick Reply: Can you believe the nerve of this dealer???