Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Had some fun at the Polaris dealer

Old 06-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had some fun at the Polaris dealer

Got a question!
How can you tell if the salesman at the stealership is lieing?
His lips are moving!

Nocando

Old 06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

It's surprising the things you can hear come out of a salesman sometimes. One time when I was at a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Arctic Cat dealer, before the 400EX came out but was rumored to be coming out, I had asked the salesman what engine they think they'll be using in it. They said they will be using the engine out of the Foreman 450 and putting it in a sport quad frame. I just ended the conversation and got out of there. Friggin idiot! rooster

Old 06-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think a pred will beat the ds650, actually I am pretty sure it will beat the ds650 without a problem. It depends on how long the drag is though.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

trust me, it won't. Pred is a nice quad none the less.

Old 06-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I have a pred and I have beatin' many ds650s with it but when you get a good rider on a ds650 who knows how to shift I can't beat one. This of coarse being done when they both have stock motors. Once you start getting into the motor it is tuff to tell who would win. Those DS motors are tough and can be made to produce a ton of HP. The pred can also do the same it is jsut not many people know how to do it yet and it might be a little tougher. As for the stock scram 400 beating a ds there is no way that would happen.

Old 06-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You guys have some bad dealers it sounds like.....kinda a bad sterotype for dealers, mine is great and is willing to help at any time I arrive or call. He is very helpful, and I think because of his helpfulness and truthfulness I stay with him. Been with him for over 10 years, and hasn't hurt me yet. I wish you guys had a chance at a good dealer......too bad that you have to deal with that stuff.

Old 06-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: DGScrambler400
the scrammy 400 will waste a DS!! Just kidding!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] sounds like you had some pretty good fun. pretty funny that the dealer got all nerved up over a 14 year old! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sounds like you had a blast bashing the saleman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]When I go to a Polaris dealer that doesnt know me and they start their BS I start with the technical questions on clutching and pipe mods and they change treir attitude.And BTW a slightly modded 400 WILL smoke a stock DS 650 in a drag along with a stock Pred. What impresses me are the modded Vforces clutched and pipe I have seen those smoke modded Banshees and a new YFZ450.Time for Polaris to up the anty.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

What do you mean by "slightly modded"?
I had a slightly modded 400L that was no where near the machine my DS was when it was stock. A 400L with internal work done is a beast I agree. The reason I sold my 400L was that unless you devote alot of time & money into the motor it just wasn't worth it. Besides, it still had a concrete filled frame.

The Vforce looks like a fun quad, but I have yet to race a modded one.

Old 06-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"slightly modded" a pipe, clutch kit,differant reeds,ported and jetted right. But these are really two differant beasts 400L is more topend where the DS is all around power(I would have one if it had reverse) but it still dont have the hard hitting power of a modded 2stroke.

Old 06-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

It's his job to sell his product. You can't blame him for throwing a few words your way although, he may have said a little too much. Put yourself is a salesman's shoes though. In a world full of profit margin killing mail/internet order catalogs/sites it is nice to have a face to talk to sometimes. I'm not sticking up for this guy RaptorNext has spoken of, but more for salesmen/women in general, who seem to be disliked in this thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had some fun at the Polaris dealer