Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Suspension lock out

Old 04-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension lock out

HI,
Just found this forum and i'm sure many have heard or know the answer to this question.
I have an '04 500 sportsman. I mounted a mouldboard plow and lift to the rear for planting food plots and gardens. looks great,lifts great and you guessed it, squats the suspension.
I read on this forum talking about spring rubbers. They seem to be used to keep the suspension from bottoming out.
What i need is something to lock out the suspension.
Any leads would be appreciated.
Thank you

Deerkiller

Old 04-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

Deerkiller,

first of all Like the name, although in PA that seems to be a thing of the pass, that is a whole other story....

Polaris makes a supensiion lock, I think they are about $99.00 you can find on the Pure Polaris site or through your dealer. Although they claim it is for plowing, I really can't see how since the plow is on the front, unless it keeps it from articulating both ways....

You may be able to engineer one yourself after you see the one from Polaris.... I think I'd posted a thread on this stuff a while back, you can do a search and see what some of the other folks said.....

ZMan079

Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Zman, that is a good start.
I'll check out both.
What's up with the hunting in PA, I'm about 20 miles from the border and have to get the small ones in front to kneel down so i can shoot the big ones in back. Food plots are one of the things i got this wheeler for. Iv'e had it about a month or so and it seems to be a work horse.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

The suspention lock is for the rear, you can get heavier front springs from EPI for $29 ea.
Progressive sells the preload adjustable front strut springs for $175 a pair thru Dennis Kirk.

JIm
Love deer hunting here in michigan!

Old 04-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Range Rover

DeerKiller,

There are a lot of areas where you can't hunt and the deer go there and well they are pretty safe all seson, th trick is to get them on your property....
Yeah food plots seem to be the way to go, my one buddy is doing tht and he's had real succes.... The game is now is to hold an attract deer plots will doi that.....

Good luck with plots and Suspension lock!!!!

Send us some pictures of your trophies and the lock in use if you get one or invent one....

ZMan079

Old 04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to hear what your friend is planting. all the commercial places say theres is the best. I thought i'd try clover or sugar beets.
I will post some pictures asap.
I'm pretty happy with the mounting plate that i came up with. I only put two 1/4-20 holes in the upper rear rack mount. It's 3/8" plate steel
I found a one bottom plow and a disc from a manufacturer called Brinly.
I did get an answer about the lock from pure polaris. it attaches to the lower A frame.
I'll weld it up myself.
About the only thing that isn't stock on my 500 is a front ext rack and a rear drop basket/rack. May get a brush guard.
Thanks,
Deerkiller

Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

deerkiller,

I'll try to find out what he is using......

my one buddy planted Biologic and Whitetail clover once right next to each other, you would have thought he had goats or sheep, they trimmed it right down...... As far as an attractant, I think any of them will work, but for the proper nutrients, that is a whole different story..... Have to read up on what each one claims. Protein is important, Soy beans may be cheaper , but theyare not perrenial....

Looking forward to the pics....

ZMan079