Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

speed upgrades for pollaris 250 trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default speed upgrades for pollaris 250 trailblazer

What Polaris pipe are you talking about? I have never read anything about AAEN makeing stock Polaris pipes. Not even when I have spoken to Olave from AAEN and he has never mentiond them makeing stock Polaris pipes.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, this bickering about 2 stroke pipes is great!!! HOWEVER.... anyone with a clue about 2 stroke engines is going to agree w/ 2many here, & I'm no exception. The biggest bang for the buck on ANY 2 stroke engine is a head pipe, not a silencer or muffler, or what ever you want to call them. The 250 TB is a TURD in stock form. However, after a an HPD pipe & clutch kit ( which can be bought for $375 ) the power gain in enormous. Not feeling the difference "by the seat of the pants" you are a crack smoker there Sparky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The only thing to do different with the HPD clutch kit is to use an HPD solid blue spring in place of the red/yellow that comes with the kit. We ( my one riding buddy & I ) just swapped the red/yellow for the HPD blue in his 2000 250 TB & what a world of difference. The HPD pipe does shift the power band to a higher rpm, thus needing a higher stall the get the engine "on the pipe". This is where some people say that a pipe takes away bottom end power. It's not so much that any power is lost, it's that the engine is making it's power at a totally different rpm. This is why clutching is SOOOOOOO important on automatics.

Go back to school on engine & clutching dynamics Sparker & then get back to us when you are more educated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok so i found a hpd siencer, fly wheel modification, and a blue clutch spring for $223.will the silencer fit on my stock pipe? and im talkin about the race flywheel. that means that i wont have electric start now im assuming that the fly wheen mod will make a big diff with the spring.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

A silencer alone will do next to nothing. I assume you read my above post, but in case not I'll repeat myself, the Head pipe, or expansion chamber as they are called is where the power increase comes from on a 2 stroke engine. Four strokes gain power from a different muffler, but the power gain from a different silencer on a 2 stroke is nill. The blue spring you talk about, if it's the HPD blue, that's fine in combination with a whole kit. Just primary changes alone are about usless. I guess the way you spend your money is up to you, but call Rick Ritter this week & ask him about a total clutch kit & pipe as being the best power for the money. He will not do you wrong.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Trailblazer

I figured I would jump in on this topic since I am looking to upgrade my TB250 as well. I just have a question, though. I do trailriding 95% of the time and I am not looking to break any speed records, but I need more power. Will the RCR kit decrease my low end power? I want something that will increase my overall speed, but I don't want to sacrifice my ability to ride through the trails. My only problem I am having with my TB is that when we get out on the straightaways, I am left in the dust and everyone has to wait for me to catch up. (I hate that, I love speed and want to leave THEM in the dust - haha). But I can ride through anything the other 2x4's can (even more because I am lighter then the guys) and I don't want to lose that if I am giving up the power I need to gain speed. (sorry if I sound redundant, I am not very mechanic-savvy and don't understand all the mumbo-jumbo you guys talk about - I need lamens terms) Thanks so much for all your help. I LOVE this forum, you guys have helped me out so much![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

With the RCR kit you can choose where you want your power with different pipes but if you want a gain from bottom to top then the HPD trail pipe is it and you also need a primary spring. This will give you lots of low end and still gain about 5-6mph on the top. I dont know what you ride with but it will help alot. If you want lots of top end power and speed then the AAEN top end pipe will give you that. You wont lose any bottom end with the right primary spring.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

now looking at the silencers from hpd, the silencer doesn't look like it will reach the stock pipe will it fit the stock pipe or not?

Old 05-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The silencer and stock pipe are 1 peice. You can not just change the silencer. You have to buy a pipe and silencer as a pair.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

This post is getting really redundant. Anyone besides me notice that whatever advice we all give this guy, he only wants to do the total opposite???????????????????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Speedwerx
The right pipe on the 250 will make a world of differnacne there are 3 pipes customers like and they will tell you on the forum hsp, hpd, and aaen. We haven't tested the hpd or the aaen but people have posted good things about them. A good 250 pipe will pick up at least 7hp and it won't be all on top either a piped machine on runs at 6000-6200 rpm were stock is 5500 thats not a huge differance. Our 250 pipes are one of our best sellers the only complaint we have ever had is the noise and that has been fixed our new pipe has a db rating of 88db which is well under any requirement. If you do put a pipe on your machine you should seriously consider cluthcing upgrades, and get rid of the stock filter make sure you get the proper jets too I'm not sure if hpd or aaen sned jets with there pipes.
i know its an old thread but i used to have a 2000 trail blazer i had 8-10 years ago. i bought a pipe for it and it was loud LOL. Are the later ones that much quieter? i recently bought a 2001 polaris trailblazer 250 in good shape. was thinking of getting a pipe for it if it isnt much louder. the last one was too loud at the farm near animals.

Quick Reply: speed upgrades for pollaris 250 trailblazer