Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PREDATOR Front Brake Drag *(NEW Solution In Works)*

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PREDATOR Front Brake Drag *(NEW Solution In Works)*

For the record, i think any new high performance quads are like that... (maybe not 450r's because they're single overhead cams) But from what i hear the YFZ is even more volatile than the pred as its 450 motor is built harder than the 500 of the pred (relative to their potential) all i'm saying is that if you look at cars performance does not equal reliability. We are literally on the cutting edge of technology, there will be some problems. Let us not forget that if you told banshee riders 5 years ago just how fast 450-500 four strokes would go these days they'd say you were crazy. Guess all i'm really trying to say is the pred is no worse than any other, and when you consider the ride quality, the handling, and the power (not to mention the potential power) i'd say you still made the best choice.

*oh jesus, is that a group of yamaha riders closing on my post? crap they have their bash sticks...

Old 11-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Range Rover

*oh jesus, is that a group of yamaha riders closing on my post? crap they have their bash sticks...
LOL GET HIM!!! LOL

I rode with two YFZ 450's this weekend and both of them had nothing but good to say about their bikes. They didnt have a problem keeping up with the 700 Raptor either. I held my own but my draw back is riding skill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I havent been riding for 20+ years like these guys had.

There are things I would like to modify on my bike and I suppose that is half the fun of owning it. My wife yells that only I would buy something brand new and have it torn apart right away. LOL Trying to find things I want to make better. I know once its all said and done, and everything is tuned and set, that I will have a machine to keep and take care of for a long time.

I'm going to stop by the hardware store tonight and get some parts to try my new fix. I'll post up pics and what not for all to see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] It might have been done, but I havent seen anyone mention it. I'll call Polaris if it works and bust a patent. LOL

Old 11-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good luck with your fix, if it works id like to know as my 06 has it pretty bad and its anoying to be putting around and hear that nasty grinding.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if it is a spring fix......then count me out.......already tried it........