Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

grind when putting in gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grind when putting in gear

So youre saying that my new 06 800 with 250 miles on it needs a new belt? It has the creeps too.
bring it back to dealer and demand satisfaction! they took your money, now they can show some respect and back up the sale. take advantage of the warranty while you still can.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

I will be stopping by the dealers today after work to see what the have to say about it.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

my 06 500 EFI has the creeps too. The dealer has already shimmed the clutch and it was great for about the first 2 days then started creeping again. It doesn't really bother me any but I don't like it when my wife climbs on and forgets what the brakes are for. I'll have them fix again at the next service.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JjEjFjf
I will be stopping by the dealers today after work to see what the have to say about it.
I went to my dealer today and told the mechanic about the creeping. He said to bring it in ASAP. He said that it might be this and it might be that. Trying to hold back my fury i told him it only has 250 miles on it and how the hell can something go wrong already.He replied that he has seen it before. I then told him that if i knew that Polaris's were such POS i would have glady paid the extra money and bought a Honda.He then replied with "anything made in the US is not very good". I should have known better. Thats why i drive Toyotas.What was i thinking.
I'm taking it there tomarrow morning at 9:30am and i will update you guys on the results.

zerowick, If i were you i would check out the Hondas or any other Japanese manufactures and dont look back.
Maybe this is Americas way of keeping the econony going. Build crap and keep the mechanics etc. working at the little guys expense.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
So youre saying that my new 06 800 with 250 miles on it needs a new belt? It has the creeps too.
bring it back to dealer and demand satisfaction! they took your money, now they can show some respect and back up the sale. take advantage of the warranty while you still can.
No need to demand. They love the warranty work. They get paid pretty good to fix this junk.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for all the input[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hopefully i didnt cause any added stress for you guys with this problem.
thanks all

Old 02-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Zerowick,
Disreguard my comment about the Honda thing.I got you mixed up with mtpockets from a differant thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

brownweiser,
No problem. Good luck with your grinding.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

no sweat JjEjFjf!

checked out the Cats and Bombs today and was impressed with both. didn't ride anything, but the build quality seemed pretty good, rear suspension on Bomb is a great idea, tires go up and down and stay in same plane as opposed to the others' "butterfly" effect. still suffering from a slight case of sticker shock however. under belly protection looked pretty good to me on the Bombs also, of course I don't need much anyway. wife says no matter what I do I can't spend any money, I can only make a lateral move if I decide to sell the 600, those are the rules.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Brought it back to the dealer. Supposedly aligned the clutches. Still creeps.

My brother and i have always had Hondas. Never had ANY troubles what so ever. Somewhere along the way i got stupid and bought a Polaris. Maybe you should check out the Hondas too while youre at it.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JjEjFjf
Brought it back to the dealer. Supposedly aligned the clutches. Still creeps.

My brother and i have always had Hondas. Never had ANY troubles what so ever. Somewhere along the way i got stupid and bought a Polaris. Maybe you should check out the Hondas too while youre at it.
well just remmeber your idle may be too high... 1100 rpms... and if the clutch and belt goes on the polaris 2 to 3 hundred for a new clutch if the tranny goes out on your honda 2000 bucks easy, and yes ive seen already a few honda transmitions go bad and it sounds like a chain spinning around a sprocket, but much louder

Quick Reply: grind when putting in gear