Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Really Worth It???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Worth It???

Hey guys, sorry for posting a lot of threads about the same subject but before I spend around $500 or more I would like to know I am not spending my money for nothing. And I know I am going to ask a few questions in this thread but please, bear with me. I am planning on purchasing the rcr stage 1 performance kit for my 04 Trailblazer. I was wondering if I would notice the difference when I am riding. Also, I would like to know how the pipe sounds. I am looking for this pipe to sound "mean" and loud. Also, if your four wheeler ran perfectly fine as it is would you still put the money into it??? I am debating on whether I am wasting my money or not. If I do this will I have to regear the sprockets? And one last question... On my bike the muffer and the "other pipe that actually connects to the motor" are two different pipes. Will this kit come with both pipes? If not, is this something I need to purchase also or can I use the stock one? Mainly what I am trying to get out of the pipe is sound rather that performance. Don't get me wrong, I would like some performance but my main worry is sound. I do not like that "weak" 2-stroke sound.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Go to hpd-inc and you can look at all the different muffler options and read about them. Also call Rick once you talk to him on the phone you'll feel good about the purchase. Rick will answer all of your questions and tweek the kit for you. Doc

Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

I went to HPD-inc and saw their selection. I am still going to call Rick tomorrow. But on his website I saw the $350 deal and that is what I am for. It said I could get a choice of any pipe. Does that mean type like midrange and trail? Or like black and ceramic coated???

Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kits is worth twice as much in fun factor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
The HPD kit comes with an adaptor bracket to run a seperate silencer.We have ran a stock 400 Scrambler silencer to get them quiet as we can.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

So the rcr exhaust arent very loud???

Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

You'll get your choice of loudness with Rick, tell him what you want.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

Are the silencers removable? Also, if possible, could you answer some of the questions from the start of the thread???

Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

The silencer I got from Rick is on my drag 250, it's so loud I had to weld a 90* turn down on it.
Yes you will notice a HP gain when riding. Go back to the hpd site, or the Aaen site and look at the dyno pages.
Yes I would spend that amount on a good running machine, consider this an upgrade without sacrificing reliabilty.
Not positive, but I believe you'll use your stock head pipe. And receive the pipe and muffler.
No need to change gearing. Doc

Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

Its loud even with the silencer? Also is the silencer removable? And if I like to do a lot of "old man trails" or easy trails at fast speeds, what kind of pipe would I need??? I also like to do a lot of riding in my backyard when I have nowhere else to ride. Many say I need a trail pipe. But would a trail pipe or a midrange pipe do better for my style of riding? I never mudbog or climb any major hills if that makes a difference.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Pardon the verbage, muffler and silencer same thing. Have Rick dial in on the rest he's the professional. Good night Doc

Quick Reply: Really Worth It???