Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

buying a new trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a new trailblazer

I went with a brand trailblazer today. I will be picking it up tommorow.
When I Get a better job someday i get something better but right now it should hold me until then. with the price of gas i want somthing that going to have a low payment and the rzr was just to much for me.
I could afford the payment but the gas to get to the trail and then to pay for to ride on the trail was too much for me. so im sticking to budget that is right for me.
I had a trailblazer 250 and it did good for me on the trail and in some mud/wet sand. Im also planing on getting the polaris Versawinch ,a rear rack and the rear hitch attachment from polaris website.
but then again the deal hasnt been finshed I guess i could consider going to a 300 sportsman but i dont think the dealer would like much for me change my to mind.
and what i mean by the deal hasnt been finshed is that ive been apporved but havent signed anything

Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bought a new trailblazer

Congratulations on the new quad. I personally think it's the best value in an entry level quad and has been for several years. You get better brakes, suspension, etc. than a lot of other quads that cost more. I believe you can tow 850 pounds but the hitch capacity is pretty low. One good thing about the Versawinch is that you can put it on your rear rack, crank the shock up a notch, and it doesn't affect your ride the way a front-mounted winch does.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

I sat on a yamaha raptor 250 and that was the hardest seat ive ever sat felt like a wood bench. then I sat the trailblazer what a wonderful seat even better then the 97 trailblazer 250 i had. all this quad has to do is hold me for a year then i will be buying my RZR in full no payments. I firgure i stash away $200 a week in year.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Moto Psycho

I love that feeling of having no payments. I waited until my truck was paid off before I bought my first quad just for that reason. You may suffer a little at first by not having everything you want, when you want it, but it's worth it in the long run.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 330 Trailboss is a good machine but a little underpowered but that can be fixed with about $30.Rack is a good idea but the winch might weigh it down.I would lok for a cheaper winch than Polaris offers.the Polaris rear mount would be nice.I dont like the factory front mount it puts the winch at too low of an angle.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

the other reason i look at the polaris Versawinch is its so many more uses that i could use then just unsticking my atv. I like the idea of being able to not have push or ride my lawntractor up my ramps on my truck because in order to ride it up i have to look for a good incline to feel safe going up i would have to back up to my drive way and best of all i wouldnt have to pull a trailer for my quad anymore It would do all the work for me belive me that winch is going see lots of use.
the racks are for to haul more than just the winch first aid kit,rain poncho and bee sting shot thinging that i have to carry with me all the time. Im going to start looking for atv club to join in ether IL or Wisconsin. I dont care much for riding alone anymore.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

I love that feeling of having no payments. I waited until my truck was paid off before I bought my first quad just for that reason. You may suffer a little at first by not having everything you want, when you want it, but it's worth it in the long run.</end quote></div>

that is very true. I like to stay far away from being raped in intrest
and if im going to finance its going to be somthing i can pay off quick.
Edit: forgot the quote

Old 06-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

I bought mine in full aswell. I just waited until the time was right to buy it. The only thing I have payment on is my house. I'm hoping to keep it that way. I was looking at boats the other day. Did you know that you can finance a boat for 15 years and in some instances over 20 years? I know a good boat will holds its value but can you imagine how much extra money it tossed away on payments?
I can get a $16,000 boat and pay $160/month for 180 months. =$28,800 real dollars.

Or a $35,000 any pay $340/month for 180 months =$61,200

Thats just crazy!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Moto Psycho

That's nuckin' futs.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

well i got the quad today did it though the same bank that i did my car. payments are $80 a month at %8.0 intrest. i put $200 down and the out the door price was 3995.
It fits perfect in the back of the truck with tailgate up. Im really impressed with that. I guess the bed is alittle over six foot. I cant wait to take this thing out and ride.

Quick Reply: buying a new trailblazer