Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler Clutch Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler Clutch Troubles

Ok ive been fighting with my scramblers left and right with issues but there all finnaly getting solved and now on my 2002 scrambler i finnally get swingarm and axle right now i bought a hpd shift drum conversion to roller clutch nad i installed it and it just hasnt been the same since.. I was just looking for something to replace stock but with a little more backshift or similar to stock im so frustated with this setup im about to buy stock again lol.. ok well i install it and every time i go from dead stop and go full throttle or 3/4 to wheelie or just to take off hard the belt has so much play it slips and binds up almost like there is to much slack what to i do???????????/. ive taken shims out one at a time and had no shims and it still does same thing? is is possible i just got the wrong degree of helix cause when i purchased i wasnt exatcly sure which one would work best im just lookin for basically stock with more back sihft and able to let of and get back on it and not have as much delay.... so for today i put my stock 06 scrambler secondary on and it doesnt do like the roller does it works flawlessly like i was used too i also have hpd violet spring that them recomend im lookin for low engagement also so if any other trail setups suggested im all ears.. BUT IM JUST EXHAUSTED FROM This SCRAMBLER X its kickn my butt lol...

hopefully i get some reponses

thanks,
neal

Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

just an idea.

are you sure that you have the spring preloaded in the proper direction in the roller setup? if preloaded improperly, it will act just like your saying.

that shift drum conversion is a very nice piece. it should be back shifting really quick, almost to the point of feeling like you have EBS (engine braking).

X

Old 05-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

counterclock wise correct which is left turn basicaly a 1/3 or to the next helix opening