GMC fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default GMC fans

Kinda funny, but the 06 Chevy Silverado we had, and the 08 Titan we have will hold a quad, but the tail gate wouldn't close. Maybe if I let some air out of the tires, the Chevy would. But I couldn't slide the bi fold ramps underneath. They stuck out too far

My old 95 Ranger can close the tail gate, and the ramps fit as well.

Of course, getting over the wheel wells can be an adventure.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC fans

Wow, beautiful truck Stendori.

And that plow set-up is very nice.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default GMC fans

Nice little truck there, Stendori. I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab that I have a love/hate relationship with. Has great towing, comfort, and ride. Lousy gas mileage, very unreliable. I hope you have a better one than I got. I'm still waiting for Toyota or Nissan to get their acts together and make a Crew Cab with a 6.5 foot bed and around a 3/4 ton payload. I'm not bashing GMC. Just my particular truck.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Range Rover
Default GMC fans

A Toyota 3/4 or one ton with a Cat diesel engine...

Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default GMC fans

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

Nice little truck there, Stendori. I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab that I have a love/hate relationship with. Has great towing, comfort, and ride. Lousy gas mileage, very unreliable. I hope you have a better one than I got. I'm still waiting for Toyota or Nissan to get their acts together and make a Crew Cab with a 6.5 foot bed and around a 3/4 ton payload. I'm not bashing GMC. Just my particular truck.</end quote></div>

Nissan has it with a 7 foot bed now. I could see the wife trying to park it, so we went with the short bed.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default GMC fans

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: davidaz

A Toyota 3/4 or one ton with a Cat diesel engine...</end quote></div>

When I was shopping for a new truck, I asked a Toyota dealer here in Dallas about a 3/4 ton Toyota. The person I was talking with said to expect a diesel model before the 3/4 would come out. Not sure how true that is.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default GMC fans

We went on a charity ride on skimobile trails with our quads back in March, in New Hampshire. Where we signed in there was a Toyota rep. with a Tundra. I asked him about the chances of a Tundra with a 6.5 foot bed and a 3/4 ton rating. He said that there would be one coming out as a 2009. I'm in no hurry yet. I've had to put in a couple hundred a month to fix things that are beginning to go wrong. Emergency brake cables, tailgate mechanisms, tailgate cables, belt tensioners going bad, etc. Mostly small stuff, other than the transmiission that went at 86,000 or so. I generally wait until it costs me a few hundred a month to keep going, or until I'm not sure I can trust it any more. I looked at the Titan and it still is a little weak on the payload of the long bed crew cab (7' bed). I suppose when the time comes, if Toyota hasn't introduced an equivalent, I'll get the Titan and have a leaf added on each side to bring it up to a 3/4 ton.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default GMC fans

well this makes my 3rd gmc and i wanted a short bed to make a little more room in the garage(cheaper then extending the garage anyways lol) and the wife hated driving the 8' bed but pretty sure she'll drive this one. (if i let her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) w/ all the features this thing has it'l take me weeks to figure it out. i really like the locking rearend and should be nice to plow snow w/.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default GMC fans

The traction is the one thing I really like with my truck. It came with the locker in the rear. With the right set of tires (BFGoodrich Commercial TA Traction) it's pretty unstoppable in the snow. With the weight of the truck it gets right down to the pavement.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default GMC fans

Toyota had at the 08 SEMA show in vegas a Tundra diesel that was powerd by Hino witch is a Japaniese made I-6 engine and the engine that is more than likley to be in the Tundra come 2010!!!!

Quick Reply: GMC fans