Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default drive clutch removal 05 sportsman 500 h.o

I lost my atv in the river at mudd nationals it was under 20' of water for two weeks. I have retrieved it and I am working on it now cant figure out how to get the clutch off so that I can clean it. it is full of mud and starting to rust. PLEASE HELP !
Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

3/4" fine thread bolt through the center hole & an impact wrench.

(you'll need at least 5 to 6"of thread on the bolt... I couldn't find one so I cut 4" off an old 1/2" drive socket extension & put that in the hole first,then drive in the 3/4 bolt)
Old 05-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Garage is empty, add now

wow why so long long under the water. that cant be too good for the engine and the whole bike.
10' massey ferguson tractor
Old 05-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

what do i do after i drive the bolt in do i take the 8 or 10 little bolts out and the spring and every thing does it pull strait off or does it turn off . also when i get finished is there a better spring for more power? thanx
Old 05-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I had to pay for a recovery the water was too deep and cold as hell! Me and my buddies tried to get it out but the river was flowing pretty good and lots of debris I got hung up on some tree branches under water and had to be pulled out myself so I had to wait for the water to drop a few feet then they whent in with diving gear hooked it to a mini crane and pulled it out. def not good for the bike but its not the first time ive been under water however its been the longest time hopefuly it will be good to go going back to jacksonville in a week. Its been rode hard and never has let me down yet but I have spent money on fixes for sure. i need to snorckel it also . think I will try while I have it torn down
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Snorkel??? You need to trade it in for a mini-sub!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

10/4 on his handle outta be jacque cousteu
01 SCRAMBLER 500 4X4/DOUGLAS ALUMINUM RIMS/KENDAL KLAWS/1-1/2" SPACERS FRONT-REAR/UNI-FILTER/POLARIS SPEEDO/MINITACH/AUTO CHAIN TENSIONER/GEN4 BUMPERS FRONT/REAR,-LOW PROFILE WINDSHIELD/2 XTRA HEADLIGHTS,MEGAPHONE/SUPERTRAPP/ 97 TRAILBLAZER 250 2X4/SHRIMPLITES FROM 500/BIGGER CARB/MOOSE AIRFILTER/SHAVEDHEAD/FMF SILENCER/AUTO CHAIN TENSIONER.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

How do you lose a quad in a river anyway? I want to make sure I don't do that. I've had one in a lake to wash the sand out of my brakes and such but stayed in the shallow end.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Well the river was out of its banks I was playin in 3' of water and the alcohol didnt let me see the bridge to the left that would have told me I was at the rivers edge. Keep in mind I was at mudd nationals and there were prob 30,000 people there . got tired of sittin in line to go to the mudd pitt where alot of people go to party and ride so I went around and wound up in the river. You should check it out online The place is called mudd creek in jacksonville texas. 3500 acres of trails and fun High lifter has there mudd nationals there every year it is a blast. they also have muddygraw and other events lots of fun! you can also go to highlifters webb site and see the events
Old 05-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Alcohol was a contributing factor. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] As long as I don't drink until the ride is over I might be okay. That place sounds like a lot of fun, but if I remember right any place in Texas is going to be over 1,300 miles from me. Too bad.

At least we know how you got your name. That's a good thread too, about what your name means.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:06 PM

Tags
2003, 500, 500ho, atv, bolt, clutch, drive, efi, ho, polaris, pull, puller, pulling, removal, remove, sportsman