carb again if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the info.

R'

Old 11-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Gas treatment

Use STABIL brand fuel treatment at double the dosage and will preserve gas up to a year or more without varnishing up carb parts! I have it in my four carb Honda because I DONT LIKE having to clean carbs,whether someone elses OR my own! Will not harm rubber or plastic as some other treatments can,plus helps absorb condensation also. I've tried em all and STABIL is the best as far as I'm concerned! opt

Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas treatment

RticKwad,
The Polaris owners manual says to first fill the fuel tank and then add Polaris Carbon Clean fuel treatment or Polaris fuel stabilizer and follow the directions on the container.
Then start the engine and let it run for 15 to 20 min. to allow the fuel treatment to disperse throughout the entire fuel delivery system.

It goes on about oil and filter change, fluid checks and how to "FOG" the engine and says to remove the battery and how to keep it charged.

Hope this helps![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gas treatment

until we startd having this crap eth. gas i never used any w/out any isues. but this year i filled both of my tanks(helps keep down condensation) and use stabil as well. you find it any where like wal mart and its red in color and has its own squeeze out measure build right in. 2 oz. is all it takes. just fill it up, add stabil and then run the bike a few minutes to run it thru th fuel system.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gas treatment

I don't store mine but I don't ride much in winter anymore. I always put Sta-Bil in a 5 gallon can of fresh gas use that top off after I add Stab-Bil to the gas that's already in it. I think you only need to run it 5 minutes after putting Sta-Bil in. For storage you need to add a spoonful of motor oil to the cylinders and turn it over a few times, or use fogging oil. I guess fogging oil in an aerosol can is better but I never tried it. It's hard to pour oil into the sparkplug holes.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas treatment

I like sea foam, it cleans as well as stabilizes.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gas treatment

I've always used stabil, mixed with FRESH super unleaded gas, and filled to top to avoid any condensation. I have also heard seafoam is better, but don't know anything about it. I will have to check into it or maybe Kerbbirds can educate us?

Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 AM
DCT
Banned
Default Gas treatment

I also run Stabil, and for good measure, I put in an ounce of Lucas Fuel Treatment and Upper Cylinder Lubricant (good stuff - I buy it by the gallon) in every tankful. Again, cheap insurance.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas treatment

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: firehog

I've always used stabil, mixed with FRESH super unleaded gas, and filled to top to avoid any condensation. I have also heard seafoam is better, but don't know anything about it. I will have to check into it or maybe Kerbbirds can educate us?</end quote></div>

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUp.htm

I use Sea Foam occasionally to help keep carbon buildup down and the Lucas upper cylinder lube more regularly.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gas treatment

SEA FOAM, has worked better for me, i use it year round in my 5 gal containers as soon as i get them. these new gas blends seem to detereorate faster than in the past.

Quick Reply: Gas treatment