Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atv ramps

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv ramps

just wondering where i can get a nice atv ramp. i check cabelas around here and the ramps there look cheaply built. any of u guys have any ideas?? i have been lookin at ebay but dont know which one will work. all help is welcomed

Old 02-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv ramps

This where I got mine. Have not let me down. Built well. I lke the tri-fold so can slide up under machine. I see they now have wider ones than when I got mine. My machine rides close to the edges of a 46". Did get through ebay as this place sells on there.
http://www.discountramps.com/4-wheeler-ramps.htm

Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Range Rover
Default atv ramps

thanks upnort for answering so quick,.... should i get a ramp w/ closer rungs? or the one farther apart? just wondering cus i heard the ones w/ the closer rungs are harder to get up w/ a 2x4 atv.
wat u guys think of this one?? http://www.discountramps.com/atv-loading-ramp-kit.htm.. thinkin bout gettin the 6 foot

Old 02-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default atv ramps

Hey WVU, the closer the rungs are the easier it will be to get a 2x4 up the ramps. The further apart the more the tires dip down in between the rungs. I bought a set of ramps from Cabelas but I don't think they carry them anymore. They had an adjustable area in the middle so you could make them more narrow or wide as you needed. Very heavy duty. I cut about 6 inches off mine as they didn't fit in the truck bed. ATV ramps I bought the 84" ones and cut them down to 6.5 feet for as much length as I could fit in my truck bed.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default atv ramps

I have a pair of folding aluminum ramps that are arched. I have always preferred these as they are very strong and not steep. I can get 2x4's or the heaviest (popo!) 4x4's up them even on a lifted truck. They are expensive, though, at about $200 a pair.

I have used the tri fold ones. They are fine, but I just don't care for the steep incline, especially with a 2wd. Fine if you have a low truck, but a lift, forget it. I suppose 4wd is fine no matter what as you can climb up anything. I would make sure the rungs are close together no matter what you choose. This makes it much easier and smoother to ride up.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv ramps

I bought mine from atvramps.com and they were bifold alumunum and they were made to stack into each other and fit under the atv and inn the back of a truck with the tailgate up. The best ramps I have ever seen and they were very reasonable. OOPS it looks like they don't have those anymore but I would check out what else they have. Quick delivery and no hassles.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Range Rover
Default atv ramps

ATV ramps/Discount ramps is the same company.Before I bought my trailer I purchased the arched AF-9012's.Worked great.If your local (SE WI) you can call them and pick them up and save shipping costs.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Range Rover
Default atv ramps

I just have a set of these brackets with 2x12 planks bolted to them. Works great and much cheaper than most other ramps.

http://www.northerntool.com/we...uct_6970_405047_405047

Old 02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default atv ramps

We have this one
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas...dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

and have had no problems at all, we really like it.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default atv ramps

I use a Haulin trailer that I got at Homo Depot a few years back. Came with a 3 up side board kit that was made from 5/4 x 6" PT decking. I added 3 more courses for a total of 6. In the back, I have a 2 section tail gate that slides down into some metal U channel that I attached to the rear sides. Each section is about 4+' wide by 15 or 16 inches tall. I remove the two sections and lay them on the rear of the trailer and drive up and down on them. They are only held together with two short pieces of PT 2x4 using gal deck screws. They work fine for me and when on the trailer, the bike is protected in a PT box. Trailer cost me about $700 and I spent another $100 or $200 adding the second tier of PT sideboards. Slightly off the question, but thought that I would share in case anyone needs a hauler too.

Quick Reply: atv ramps