Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Extended Warranty

Old 05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Polaris Extended Warranty

Hi All,

Quick question(s) about the Polaris Extended Warranty:

1. Does Polaris have different type's of extended warranties? Full coverage or powertrain only?
2. Is the Polaristar extended warranty the only warranty they have?
3. What does it cover?

I am thinking of going with a 36 or 48 mth version with a $50 deductable...when I take delivery of my NEW 850 XP next Saturday.

Any info is really appreciated!

biz

Old 05-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had both Ext warrenties on my SP450's (mine/wife's). We did the 48 month and I tell ya I think I lost on the deal! If you read many posts on this forum you will discover that certain coverage issues if not clear in the contract all depends on the integrity of the Polaris dealer. If you have a really good dealer, honesty and good trust relationship you MAY want to pursue with it but for me I am NOT adding the mileage like many others. I don't use it daily for work or hauling (farms, logging etc.) just seasonal riding, spring-fall mostly and hunting.

I don't think I answered your question about the power train thing, only ones I saw is what you mentioned but 24,36,48,60 months etc. Some may say since the XP's are in its first year models maybe at least a small warrenty coverage (24month if they have it?) may not be a bad idea, IMO.

R'

Old 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the dealer makes the differnce for sure on an extended warranty. some will bend over backward and others you have to fight w/ to get anywhere. imo

Old 05-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Arrow

Well...the nice thing...is that I do not have to purchase the Polaristar extended warranty at the time I take delivery. At least that is what I think I read here. As long as I purchase before the 6mth warranty expires...then all will be good.

If I am wrong in thinking that...please let me know!

biz

Old 05-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by biz4two
If I am wrong in thinking that...please let me know!
Biz, I got the 48 month warr. Obviously no way to tell if it will pan out in your favor, but such is insurance. You never know.....I wasn't willing to chance it with a new model. It doesn't take too many control boxes, or a-arm malfunctions to pay for it. I wasn't going to do it, then was, then wasn't, then decided to just do it at the time of purchase.....because I knew I wouldn't want to pay once the deal was cut. -There was no way I was going to pay more $$ in six months once I left the dealer; and I knew I would want other stuff, like storage, new tires, racks, etc.

I'd say take your time and research what you need.....talk to the dealer, read the paperwork, then decide to either to do it, or not, and then don't look back. It's a gamble one way or another. -For me, it doesn't matter either way.....If I don't get the warranty something major will crap out and I'll pay big. If i do get the warranty, nothing will happen and I'll pay on the front end. Hopefully you don't have a shi&&y dealer who takes you for a ride. I understand your angst completely.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Arrow

FunRide -- Thanks for the info. But...is the 48mth warranty only powertrain? Or does it cover more?

The dealer I am buying the XP 850 from...was telling me there is two different warranties. I thought there was only the one from Polaris...and that is called: the Polaristar Extended Warranty. Guess I'll find out more on Saturday when I take delivery.

biz

Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach

I bought the 5 year ex warranty, but not from Polaris. The dealer also offered a warranty from a company I think was called Westeren. It was $100 a year, I might not get my moneys worth, but i look at it as cheap insurance.
I think if you are a good wheeler dealer you can get the dealer to lower the cost of the ex warranty or just throw it in as a part of the deal. I bought the warranty at a different dealer and just before my 6 months were up.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by biz4two
FunRide -- Thanks for the info. But...is the 48mth warranty only powertrain? Or does it cover more?
biz
Biz,

Mine covers everything but wear items (brakes, oil, belts). The reason I didn't answer your original question is because I don't know the name of it, or the specifics without reading it again I need to reread the paperwork. Maybe I can get you some answers before you pick yours up. I knew what I was talking about when I bought it.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

FunRide -- Thanks you just answered my question really.

Thanks everyone for your responses...I really do appreciate it!

biz

Old 05-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

I have read within the last couple months on either this site or on atvfrontier.com that if you are an existing subscriber to one of the camping magazines - camper's world i think - they will give you a FREE 2 year warrantee on a new polaris. Of course, I read this 2 days AFTER I took delivery on my second 850XP. Do some reading on these 2 sites - you could save some serious money.

BMQ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Polaris Extended Warranty