Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

08 polaris front brush guard/bumper issue with winch

Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. got one idea done today. seems to work. but i dont really like the way it looks. kinda looks like crap to me... but here are the pics.....
Name:  DSC01512.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  139.9 KB
Name:  DSC01514.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  136.6 KB
Name:  DSC01515.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  145.2 KB

Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

make an extension for the plow push tubes. i had to use an extension to run tracks..... it took care of the brushguard issue, prior to that we took the front brushguard off in the winter.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

I had the same issues. Wish I would have taken off the Polaris bumper when plowing this past winter. I now have to deal with the area of the bumper that has the black crinkle finish rubbed off and a frayed winch rope. I may just return the bike to the dealer that installed the Polaris 3500 winch and Polaris bumper at the time of sale and ask them to replace the winch rope under the winch's warranty.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Chuck-
I recently installed a winch and the same bumper/brushguard you have on my 09 500 HO.
How did you modify your bumper access cover to fit around the winch? I also heard that Polaris sells this part already modified to fit certain winches? Do you know if this is true? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find a post. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

hello.

when i got my winch it came with many cut out templates. all i had to do was cut the template out and cut the outline of the paper out line on the cover. was a easy deal. the polaris cut outs will only work on the polaris winches that i know of. least all the polaris oem cut outs seem off centerd. the winch i have is a warn 3000lb if i rember but the template i have is for the warn 2500 and 3000lb winches. they sit centerd in the polaris cavity and on the grill cut out. if you hae the warn 25/3000lb winch i can send the cut out to ya. you need to print it off and cut it out and tape it to the back of the grill piece and cut the outline.

chuck

Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the feedback. I have the Warn RT30 installed. The inside of the cover isn't completely flat? Do you laydown the template flat so it follows the contour of the cover, or do you try and set in there flat and eyeball it? If you have this template, I would sure appreciate a copy of it. Thanks again!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

send me your email. ill try and find it and send it to ya.

theres marks on it. it follows the contour of the inside. pretty easy to do. just the cutting is a bit more the hard part. i used a jig saw at first and made it just a bit smaller than the template so it was a close fit round the winch fairlead.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of doing all that fab work- why not just put a synthetic winch cable on it? You'll never have to worry about scratches- It only took me 5 minutes to swap out my cable.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

bees@actionnet.net
Thanks!

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
send me your email. ill try and find it and send it to ya.

theres marks on it. it follows the contour of the inside. pretty easy to do. just the cutting is a bit more the hard part. i used a jig saw at first and made it just a bit smaller than the template so it was a close fit round the winch fairlead.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

I think the spring on the lift point is going to get stretched because eventually you'll try to lift with the blade up against a push pile. never seen a spring on any lift.

I have the Glacier plow, same brush guard/bumper and a synthetic rope. No complaints. I agree with the beergut. I would go synthetic and not worry about any "polishing" the rope may do.

Part of the problem is that you have yourself a "floor quad".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 polaris front brush guard/bumper issue with winch