Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2000 polaris trailblazer 250 PROBLEM!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh of course! I took them around the block a couple times, then went out to a desert location a few minutes from my house and road them around a bit. All is well, for now. I'm not so sure about the 2-stroke oil pump though. But for now, I'm premixing it for the first tank and hope it'll just take a little bit to pump the oil through.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I found out my 400 had a very nice Mikuni injection pump in it... when I was in the process of taking it out and doing the block-off.

Very reliable, but it made me nervous, and I knew it was taking a bit away from it running optimum... and I could not inject the oil I wanted to use. So I did the blockoff and started just pre-mixing.

The injection is a big convenience though... I miss that part of it.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by DennisBlack
Thank you, but I have tried all of these things. I did NOT replace the fuel filter, but I assure you the fuel getting into the carb is not the problem. Its getting in there fine, and it's flowing beautifully. The float bowl and everything's fine. That was my initial problem when I FIRST went out, I said, "why not give it a try" and poured some gas in. It came pouring out the exhaust tube immediately. That's when I took the carb off and cleaned it out the first time. I'm at a loss here. I'll be perfectly honest, I'm only 16, and I did not grow up working on engines and such. It is a passion shared only with myself, so I don't have much experience, and there's only so much studying you can do before you need experience to advance. Like a fool, the first time, I couldn't get the throttle disconnected from the carb, because a spring inside was stuck to it, so when I would turn it, it would just snap back. that is why I couldn't clean the pilot jet out that well the first time. But, I solved that, and I assure you the carb is cleaned as possible.
Carfully recheck the carb i ran into the same thing recently and became very frustrated !, i had the carb apart many times looking for something turns out there was a very small peice of junk in one of the valves in the bowl !, I removed them and took a twistie tie from a bread wrapper burned off the plastic and cleaned out all the holes make sure you can see threw all of them clearly!!, I had swore they where clean but i too was wrong !

Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is a idle adjuster on the side of the carburator, Just play w/ that until the idle works right....

-Owner & Worker..