Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default XP thumb warmer?

This is my question. Since the XP uses a plastic thumb throttle system can I use the standard Polaris thumb warmer? I went on PurePolaris.com and the one there states it is for a metal system?

Pure Polaris : ATV Throttle Heater/Thumb Warmer For Metal Throttles)
2012 Polaris 850XP Touring Limited. Black Diamond XTR tires with C7 Wheels, Lock and ride rear ATVSuperStore box, Warn ProVantage Plow with Power Pivot, Collett headset w/bluetooth. 2500 lb winch, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack with mounts, Ricochet Skid Plate System & HID lights from www.TheATVSuperStore.com. Wife has no clue what I spent PRICELESS!!!! Thor Export. Exporting ATV's & Motorcycles across the World for over 16 years!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Garage is empty, add now

I'm not sure, but I use the Symtec system on my atv's and haven't had a problem yet.

'09 Ram 3500
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Garage is empty, add now

The last metal thumb throttle I remember was on my 1983 Yamaha Enticer snowmoble, I have put aftermarket warmer kits on many sleds and never seen the instuctions ask if the thumb throttle was metal or not.

What Polaris ATV has a metal thumb throttle anyways? Even our 97 has a plastic throttle.
5.25 gas tank.
============
2007 350 Grizzly
IRS
Diff lock.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Maybe I got my Sportman's mixed up with my Rincon? I thought the Sportsman had a metal throttle and it was coated with plastic?
2012 Polaris 850XP Touring Limited. Black Diamond XTR tires with C7 Wheels, Lock and ride rear ATVSuperStore box, Warn ProVantage Plow with Power Pivot, Collett headset w/bluetooth. 2500 lb winch, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack with mounts, Ricochet Skid Plate System & HID lights from www.TheATVSuperStore.com. Wife has no clue what I spent PRICELESS!!!! Thor Export. Exporting ATV's & Motorcycles across the World for over 16 years!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
2008 polaris sportsman

my 2000 and my 2008 have plastic tumb throttles. i have a thumb warmer on my 08. i didnt see nothing about either plastic or metal. but it work last yr with out an issue.
home made 54" snow plow, 3000lb warn winch, winch grill cut out "cut by me", 8 911ep led warning lights & ls12, LED taillights & work lights, front bumper, K&N air filter, P-X-T tires & alum rims(summer), 489 & steel rims(winter), hand/thumb warmers, RotopaX fuel packs, 4x8 trailer w/LED tail & maker lights, custom made lock & ride fimco boom sprayer, lock & ride tall windshield. got my auto reverse lights made and installed.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

This one is listed, on the pure polaris site, as fitting the XP and doesn't mention plastic or metal. I don't know anything about it though... Let me know what you end up getting (and if you like it) as I would like to get some soon myself. I'll certainly look into the Symtec ones too.

Pure Polaris : Throttle/Thumb Warmers)
Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Garage is empty, add now

Thumb warmer??? What kind of Norske are you, Thor??? We live for blue hands and cracked lips. You're not getting soft on us are you??? Remember when a bootful of fresh melt water let you know you were alive. JK I had to go off on this tangent for some fun. Hope you don't mind. Buddy of mine has them too and likes them. Me, I'm just to stubborn...
Precious little more than just some cruel cosmic joke.
It's like being all dressed up and there was never even anywhere to go...

2012 Can-Am Outlander Max 650 XT-P
2009 Can-Am Renegade 500 (Sons)
Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
2009 Polaris Sportsman

I have the XP thumb and hand warmers on mine. They work great! The thumb throttle looked plastic on my 850, not sure if it's coated or not. With the XP kits the switches are OEM and fit the pod perfectly!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Funny Moose. Us Norwegians have delicate hands!!!! BPC I have had 2 sets of Symtec prior. Worked great. I would have gotten them again but I want to get a set with the matching Polaris switches now.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I have the thumb and grip warmers, both from Polaris...

Pure Polaris : Throttle/Thumb Warmers

Picture is just of the shrink wrap that goes over the heating element...but that's what I had my dealer install.
Polaris Hand/Thumb Warmers w/ Hand Guards; Front and Rear Lock and Ride Storage Boxes - Rear Rack Extender; ATV GURU Front and Rear Brush Guards; Warn RT30 Winch w/ Wireless Remote; Garmin Oregon 400t GPS w/ RAM Mount; Rotopax Mount w/ 2 gallons mounted to Guru Rear Brush Guard
Old 09-28-2009, 07:21 PM

Tags
2009, 550, 850, aftermarket, atv, browning, hand, heater, install, owner, pictures, polaris, problem, sporstman, sportsman, throttle, thumb, warmer, warmers, xp