Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hauling carts Gone Wild!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My poly cart from Home Depot has been indespensable around my yard. From hauling firewood to sand, stone/gravel, patio blocks, etc.... it was one of the best investments that I've made.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Range Rover

I'm in the process of making my own trailer. I looked at all the ones from the local stores and none looked like they would hold up in the woods. I found this beauty on craigs list, an old military generator trailer. Just need to weld the hitch on and come up with the sides and floor. So far, I only have $70 invested.

Attached Thumbnails Hauling carts Gone Wild!-trailer2.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same thing from home depot except its green and says john deere. I'm sure it's the same make just rebadged. Mine is a little larger with 1000lb load but I also paid more at home depot. That one their looks like a hella deal. You WON'T have any regrets.

I agree with Switz, the tounge is too short. Very hard to back up without it Jack knifeing on ya. I was going to put a 2in ball coupler on it but I found the tounge too wide. I never thought of putting the coupler on the underside. Thanks Switz, I will make that a winter project and at the same time add some length to it.

I use my cart weekly to haul grass clipping or hual top soil, fill, and gravel. She will hold a good amount and the dump action is awesome. All my neigbors want one after seeing what it can do. Very handy piece of kit.

I had a tire break it's bead the other day and after watching some youtube video's on the lighter fluid method I gave it a shot and it worked awesome. I can't wait for something else I own to have a tire come off the rim so I can do it again. I might not be a redneck but I love doing redneck things.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

We tried them, and they fell apart due to the rough ride and dancing allover the trail because of there hard tires and there high center of gravity they tip easy. Our trails are real rough though. If you trail is not real rough they should be OK. There utility garden tractor trailers after all.

We make our own trailers now, the most important thing being a ATV trailer has to have regular ATV tires and rims so the 5 psi tires soak up the bumps and keeps the trailer steady and not bouncing everywhere, also a wheel stance slightly wider then the ATV pulling it helps alot.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does that have bearnings on the wheels/axle?
I bought a cheap cart and it only had plastic bushings in there and one load of wood the hole in the rim went egg shape.........Gave that trailer away and made my own...............Caper............

I think it must have been just for leaves or pine needles..........

Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I agree mine is not suitable for trail rides, more for around the yard. Even on bull dozed ground the trailer takes a beating. Not bad when it's got weight in it but empty the thing bounces around and almost tries to flip over because it's sooo light.
That being said they are meant for lawn tractors and for the price you can't beat it. If a week goes by and I don't use it i'd be surprised.

The money I have saved on garbage bags for grass clippings has paid for the trailer lol.

Now go haul some dirt.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

Hey TLC - in your photo album; where is it that you're unloading the quad from the train ?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

My Craftsman was brand new when I got mine.................at a yardsale for 20 bucks!!!!
That was one heck of a deal!!!!!

Mine will bounce if I drive too fast because I have to keep the tires aired up pretty high to haul the weight I do. The axles do not have gearings in the hubs. The wheel has a bushing with grease fittings only. I wouldn't want to use it for trail riding.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The train is in Northern Ontario,Canada,,...
The Algoma central railway......

they also do snowmobile tours in the winter ,.where you can load up on the train and take a very sight-full ride for a few hours and snowmobile back over a two day period...........Caper..........

Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

I use an agri-fab yard trailer for a lawn tractor. I found it at a garage sale for ten bucks and had to grab it. Those things are rediculously priced for what they are. I just need to replace tires and put the ball coupler like others have said and I'll still have less than $40 in it. However I really like that craftsman u got Rtickwad, looks like a really stout one for where we go with these machines when It comes to hunting. Do you do any bowhunting?

Quick Reply: Hauling carts Gone Wild!