Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV RAMP Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bed height is around 38", Dingo let me know how the ramps work for you.. They look slightly steeper than some of the others I've been looking at.. They only show one pic, so I cant get a good look..

Nice machine btw!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RichiecNJ
My bed height is around 38", Dingo let me know how the ramps work for you.. They look slightly steeper than some of the others I've been looking at.. They only show one pic, so I cant get a good look..

Nice machine btw!
I've used them about 5 times now and they work great. The reason I ordered that particular set was the extra width (54"). Most other manufactures seem to be around 48" - 51" wide. 77" long is fairly common for a tri-fold. Those couple inches make a huge difference in confidence when backing out let me tell you. Keeps the wife happier as well. My tailgate height is right at 35" and I wouldn't think another 3" would be too steep. You could always try to load so that the quad is on a slight downhill to the truck thereby decreasing that angle slightly?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

go to Loading Ramps, Hauling, Transport, & Skateboard Ramp Superstore - Discount Ramps.com and look around...they will have what you are looking for.

After you find what you need, look them up on ebay and it will be cheaper!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I bought mine from Discount ramps about 2 years ago I don't think they have the model I bought anymore but they are aluminum bi-fold with the safety straps and they are great. the price was good and they shipped right away. They were al little longer to help with taller trucks.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Perfect thanks for everyones help.. If anyone is from NJ and wants to meet up to go riding let me know. I think next weekend im going to go for my first ride in PA (Lost Trails).

Old 11-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Range Rover

Did you find a set of ramps?

I use a set of those ramp brackets with 8 foot 2x12s for loading my Scrambler (your 850 is probably too heavy for these) in the back of my lifted F-150 and it's almost too steep. My bed is 43" off the ground, and I would assume you would be a little higher with a 6" lift in an F-250 so I would say you need at least 8 foot long ramps and longer if possible.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the post where you said your bed was at 38", so something a little shorter than 8 feet would probably work.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have a lifted 2002 F250 that measures 42" to the tailgate....I've tried ramps a few times and had too many close calls so I decided to buy a trailer instead.....I now have a Triton XT 101 trailer and couldn't be more happy.....Much safer...

John

Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea thats where I bought mine was discountramps.com They were pretty good to deal with. The back of my tundra from the tailgate down to the ground is pretty high. Even though I have the heavy duty single arched 120" fold ramps, I still us a trailer and keep this for backup and different applications. I would also keep all your transport options open too. Case in point I had a receiver hitch installed on our former VAN so I could pull the trailer when I wanted to take our bikes down to our in-laws.

R'

Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer

I came down to two different ramps to choose from, please see the links below and advise me of what you guys think. I'm not comparing cost, this not my concern.

LongATVRamps: Long ATV/UTV Ramps

95" ATV Ramps at Discount Ramps.Com

Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RichiecNJ
I came down to two different ramps to choose from, please see the links below and advise me of what you guys think. I'm not comparing cost, this not my concern.

LongATVRamps: Long ATV/UTV Ramps

95" ATV Ramps at Discount Ramps.Com
I got my ramps from Discount ramps and have been really happy but in this case I like the convenience of the folding type. I know you have an 8' bed, but if you ever use the ramps with a different truck that has a smaller bed the ramps will not fit unless the tailgate is down. Also I would suggest buying the straps to help keep the ramps from sliding. I watched a buddy have his machine drop to the ground because the ramps slid.

Quick Reply: ATV RAMP Recommendations