Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV RAMP Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCDEYO25
I have a lifted 2002 F250 that measures 42" to the tailgate....I've tried ramps a few times and had too many close calls so I decided to buy a trailer instead.....I now have a Triton XT 101 trailer and couldn't be more happy.....Much safer...

John
I agree...My truck is a Ram 2500 4wd at stock height and it makes me cringe to load a quad with ramps. I have a set of long arched ramps that are plenty stout, but they're just not long enough; they're the longest I could find!
I also trailer my quads and wouldn't have it any other way...I do load the kids 250 EX in the back of the truck, but I hook up the trailer and put the ramps from the trailer floor to the tailgate,making the angle MUCH less...
My trailer is a 12' single axle and I only paid about 1,000 bucks for it brand new...A grand seems like a lot but damages or injuries from trying to load in the back of a REALLY tall truck can quickly exceed the money spent on a trailer...Besides I can and do use my trailer for a lot of other things, it's been one of my best investments!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I have a 2500 ram cummins that sets well over 40" and I too cringed everytime I loaded up even with 8' ramps. Found a old snow mobile trailer with tilt bed cheap and I have to say theres no going back to ramps for me. Love having the trailer not to mention so many other uses for it.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

I picked up a tri-fold from atvramps.com. nice aluminum - light weight but 1500 lb capacity. I've used it on my '06 F250 (stock hight) and now my '09 F450. It's a bit steep but eventually you get used to it. ALWAYS strap the ramp to the truck. I started with a pair of ramps, but after 1 kicked out on me I invested in the tri-fold.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

I had a serious incident a few days ago when I picked up my new 550X2 at the dealer. I have a bi-folding aluminum ramp I purchased about five years ago from Cabelas. I don't recall the brand but it has worked fine for me....until now. I was excited to pick up my new ATV and as always, I attached the safety straps to the back of my little Ranger pickup so it couldn't slide out on me. Well, as I started to load the ATV my front tires needed to clear the wheel humps so I gave it a bit more gas. When I did this the ramp shot out from under the rear wheels and my brand new 550X2 fell back onto the pavement. Thankfully it just landed on it's rear wheels and didn't get a scratch (nor did my truck). I had an employee help me get the front wheels off the truck and he got a forklift and a platform to finish the job. I'll tell you....it freaked me out and I nearly lost a load into my pants! I've used that ramp for years without a problem. The straps were not rotted as I've always kept it garaged....yet they snapped like shoe laces. Even the ramp ended up being bent on one of it's lip hooks (whatever you call it). I'll NEVER trust a ramp like that again. So......I've started looking for a decent trailer that will be much safer and not cause the 'pucker factor'. My advice? Be EXTREMELY careful when loading and ALWAYS use the straps....but if you can, attach much stronger ones than they come with.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default atv ramps

The EPS 850XP trucks usually have high lifting capacity. But I need suggestions regarding bi-fold and tri-fold ramps. The tri-fold ramps are rated to 1600lbs and have wide coverage. This usually has a maximum tail gate height of 3 feet. Thanks for sharing

------------------------------------

atv ramps

Old 11-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

You can have a look at ebay. They will provide more details for the same. The steel folding ramps really provides a heavy duty so you can find more details for the same. You can also take the help of utility trailer so that problem should not arise while loading or unloading.

---------------------------------------------

atv ramps

Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Odd your first post is on a dead thread....but I will bite too.

Your post has these ramps for $144.99
PFA91 ATV - Lawn Mower Ramps

Discount ramps, which many have linked to already have the exact same ramps for $115.99
Dual ATV Ramps - AFP-9012-2

But your link says "competitions price is $149.99" Must be another competitor out there...

Old 10-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

these are great

Old 10-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coltws
What's it called and where can you get it?

Old 10-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick Reply: ATV RAMP Recommendations