Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Let the deercamp fun begin!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let the deercamp fun begin!

Well, a little less than 48 hours before MN deer opener and 24 until deer camp shenanigans begin! Got everything loaded that I can and heading out early tomorrow to get the shack opened up and start getting my drink on. Just had a little bit of fresh snow so our annual Friday pre-opener festivities should be a blast. Good luck and safe hunting to all the MN members who are headin out to the woods this weekend!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our season starts Nov 8 in Sault Ontario Canada this year. I never drew a Doe tag this years so I have my doubts about getting a buck.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer

Good Luck switzomatic. All indications are that the seeking/chasing phase of the rut is in full force right now and should be for your opener. I hunt Wisconsin which doesn't open until the 21st : (

Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

Same here, going up Friday morning as well....Hopfully will see a doe/fawn to shoot. Weather sounds a bit warm, I hope that does not foul anything up.....Little windy too but not a lot. Have a pic of the new deer stands....4' x 4'.

Attached Thumbnails Let the deercamp fun begin!-deer-stand-steps-2.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Nice stand 02! I broke down this year and bought a 16' tripod stand with enclosure. Was going to build one similar to yours but I figured this way I could move it if needed.

Good luck later this month when WI opens bueller and also TLC this weekend!!

Going to be tough in our zone this year. First time since forever we had a lottery for does. F@*&ing wolves are all over and someone spotted a cougar last year. If that thing gets within 600 meters of me it's a gonner.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

Thanks Switz,

Yah, the portable is nice for movement thats for sure. We put fold up glass windows in ours that stay up with magnets (one window on each side, besides the door side). Added a bench inside for your gear (binoculars, ammo,.....) You are right about the wolves being high in the #'s. They get their share of deer.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

I go next week for Elk, may need to buy a mesh blaze orange vest for air circulation. Weather here in Colorado is in the 70s and low 80s. Maybe find a orange t-shirt and sit in the shade. If I had a stand like these I could put in a battery and fan.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, gettin' ready. Missouri firearms opens Saturday the 14th. I'll be up at camp next Thursday. We already have a small doe from archery season ready for the spit on a large smoker. Roast/smoke the whole thing. Basted and injected with a mixture of Dr. Pepper & garlic butter. My stomach is already growling just thinking about "Deer Eve"!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Heading up tomorrow morning as well to open up the cabin. I let a bunch go over the last few years. Hopefully have something decent to shoot at this year. Supposed to be close to 60 degrees though. Wish it was colder.

Wierd comment above "Hopfully will see a doe/fawn to shoot."...........I see them all day. I let them go so I can shoot something to be proud of. I'd just hunt my back yard if that's all I was looking for.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

The small ones make for a good camp deer. Not a lot of meat, but good eating. One of the kids usually plugs one since they're so excited to shoot a deer. Don't see many monster bucks on our land but I've bagged some really big does. I'm more concerned about meat in the freezer instead of a rack on the wall. Besides, I bagged enough "bucks" in Iraq:-)

Hey Roofer, where do you hunt at? Our camp is by Nickerson. Nice area and we're really secluded. Great place to be with friends and drink enough beer to make up for being dry most of the year!

Quick Reply: Let the deercamp fun begin!