Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

i want this blower for all the snow were getting here in mn

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think using a blower on the quad would take alot of feathering of the throttle....It would be awesome to have a creeper gear on these machines...It would even help when loading them on trailers or truck beds....jmo....

John

Old 12-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Of course a BAD accident could happen anytime with anything but looking at those blade rollers I would hate to hear of another similar Yamaha-PTO type accident (I know this is NOT a PTO device just citing the occurance w/r to the blade accident). OUCH! If that thing don't cut and blow the snow nothing will...8-)

R'

Old 12-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

oh man. i did 4 driveways and 3 side walks today with my plow. plus i still have one more to do either tonight or tomorrow. but the snow was HEAVY and a pain to use a plow. it would have been way faster to blow it. one drive seemed like they didnt shovel there drive yet. it was a pain to try to get a path made. since it was about a foot or more deep it been nice to have a blower. it was nice tho that they had an empty lot next door so i started to push it there and make a ramp. so one i got going it wasent so bad. i did pick up some grass. on the edge of the drive. not to bad tho.
another sidewalk i did i took all the grass off the that was growing over the edges. but just for the little bit i have to do. guess ill have to settle for the plow. i still think it would have been better with a blower.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Of course a BAD accident could happen anytime with anything but looking at those blade rollers I would hate to hear of another similar Yamaha-PTO type accident (I know this is NOT a PTO device just citing the occurance w/r to the blade accident). OUCH! If that thing don't cut and blow the snow nothing will...8-)

R'
your talking the pto that runs under the machine from the motor to the blower? blades??? if anything they sheer the grade 3 bolts on the augers....
Originally Posted by JCDEYO25
I think using a blower on the quad would take alot of feathering of the throttle....It would be awesome to have a creeper gear on these machines...It would even help when loading them on trailers or truck beds....jmo....

John
i think getting that on my 4x8 trailer may be fun... maybe if someone on here who has one can chime in with there 2cents on how well they work. get a bigger motor to spin it at mach 3..... lol
Originally Posted by stendori
they were actually over $3,000 and they did make them a few years ago and they worked really well. heres one i found, better sit down before you look at the price lol.
Prestige 54" Snow Blower for ATV | ATV Snow Blowers
wow. the price they have it for is a steel......

Originally Posted by nickmon3
That would be way nicer than having to blow and trying to find places to put the snow
ill agree. its not to bad yet. but if we get another snow fall like this. im gona have to rent a blower.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

These are ok as long as you have long, straight driveways... if you have to turn or get in tight spots get a walk behind.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
you know i bet you could almost take the front wheel frame off the blower and just lift it via a winch.
I don't think that would work. The wheels support the weight of the blower and I bet that thing weighs a couple hundred pounds. Add in the leverage of being out ahead of the wheels quite a bit farther than a plow and it would be murder on your suspension. It might even be enough to pick the back wheels off the ground once you get it full of snow.

It already uses your winch to raise/lower. When you pull your winch line in, it lowers the wheels, which raises the blower off the ground. Here's a video that will give you a little better idea of how it works. This is a different model with the engine up front, but it basically works the same way.

YouTube - ATV Snowblower Berco 54"

Definitely would have been nice to have something like this the last couple days. Started out plowing yesterday with the trusty old Trail Boss and got about half way done when the primary clutch broke. Luckily I was able to take the plow mount off and make it fit on the Kawi with a little fabrication. Now off to ebay to find some parts.....lol

Old 12-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by stendori
they were actually over $3,000 and they did make them a few years ago and they worked really well. heres one i found, better sit down before you look at the price lol.
Prestige 54" Snow Blower for ATV | ATV Snow Blowers
Ouch! That's almost the price of a tractor mounted PTO powered snowblower. In fact I seen a used one last year for less than that.

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Of course a BAD accident could happen anytime with anything but looking at those blade rollers I would hate to hear of another similar Yamaha-PTO type accident
What sort of accident? Something related to the terrapro?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I think the story goes that some dude using the Terrapro was sidehilling cutting grass and who knows the angle the ATV rolled and somehow he ended up getting killed by the cutting blades. Again I don't know how true it is but everyone seems to believe that is what happened and why the PTO stuff never kicked off to other brands etc.

R'

Old 12-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

Or you could go this way from Agri-fab;

This would be the size & style that I'd want, at least 50-54" wide.

www.agri-fab.com - Multi-Fit ATV Snow Thrower

Dale

Old 12-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

id like to have a 50" wide blower. this way it covers the wheel path. plus it seems to be pretty close to a sidewalk width i have. but i did a plow job last night. it took me almost 2hrs 1 1/2hrs. something like that to plow 1' of heavy snow. back and forth. and boy that $1300 blower seems cheap compaired to the other ones. $4k ish. wow. wish i hada shop. i try to build one.

evon tho the plow didnt do to bad one i got a path to push down. its still better than hand shoveling.

i did notice one thing last night while plowing. the 4x4 seemed to work when it whated to. it always seemed to work in rev. but in forward. i had to shut the 4x4 switch off, then on again to get it to work??? whats the deal....

Quick Reply: i want this blower for all the snow were getting here in mn